News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

You were probably worried about the Carlsberg Virus getting ya Notty.

Only fill it to halfway up the sight glass, run it then check it again on its wheels  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

I rewired the fan switch, the wires broke off it late last year. No rush until the weather gets warm so I did it when I could be bothered. I didn't find a source of the original multiplug for it, although I didn't look very hard either. 2.8mm female spades fit though, so with a bit of wire extending the original loom so it'd reach again I used two of them. Then wrapped it in a bit of plastic with cable ties as I don't trust the open ends of crimp connectors to face all that road dirt without problems.

Granty

Oil and filter changed. All original brake and clutch lines removed as ready to fit new Hel braided hoses. Calipers are currently being refurbished by a member on here. Removed rear wheel. Fitted new tyre.  While i was at it I removed the rear sprocket and have polished my nuts. The sprocket carrier was looking a bit rough so have deep cleaned that, removed old paint and prepared it to respray. All underneath of bike deep cleaned.
With a radio on in my garage and a brew on the go I whiled away plenty of hours while watching the rain come down outside. Then got the call that "dinners ready". The best day of lockdown so far.
Shame no bike racing on the box to watch while having a snooze.
GSX1400K6, TRIUMPH TIGER 1050

Notty

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Sunday, 03 May  2020, 08:55 PM
You were probably worried about the Carlsberg Virus getting ya Notty.

Only fill it to halfway up the sight glass, run it then check it again on its wheels  :onya:
Did that Col - oil between the marks, wheels on the ground no stand but I couldn't understand why I had only used 4 litres until I realised I hadn't changed the filter FFS  :rofl2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Notty

Calipers off - pistons cleaned - all looking good and moving freely - Del's overhaul and painting  of my 6 piston callipers has paid off   :clapping:
@Del
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Masterbates

Not so much today but over the last few weeks I managed to pull the bike down a bit and do some clean up work.  Wheels powder coated with all new bearings, forks painted and covered with blade tape, headers cleaned up as best as possible and fitted radial calipers.  Went for a test ride today to check that nothing is going to fall off and all is right. 

Bigger Birdie

I went to refit the centre stand after the rearsets didn't work out as well as hoped, and discovered that getting the springs back on is a cow of a job.
Try again next week one the spring puller I've ordered turns up.
Really looking forward to the return of straight forward chain adjustment.

Hooli

I seem to recall a tip from years ago of bending the springs & putting washers or coins between the coils. Wrap it in tape so they can't fall out & the spring stays longer to refit it.

I don't get your chain adjustment thing though, it's just as easy on the side stand. Especially as the measurements are given with the weight of the bike on the rear suspension.

seth

I use a paddock stand dead easy to adjust everything then .
Once I start to have to adjust the chain after it's new bedding in time .
For me it's time for a new chain and sprocket carrier bearing.
Around 18-20 thousand miles .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Masterbates

I just temp fit the main stand without the spring...  :cool:

grog

GSXKING

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 11 May  2020, 03:41 AM
I seem to recall a tip from years ago of bending the springs & putting washers or coins between the coils. Wrap it in tape so they can't fall out & the spring stays longer to refit it.

I don't get your chain adjustment thing though, it's just as easy on the side stand. Especially as the measurements are given with the weight of the bike on the rear suspension.

You cannot rely on the markings on any bike with a swing arm that flexes IMHO  :whistling: :whistling:

I use verniers and measure the gap in front of the axle and do it loose and tight then use the mean average. I want about 20mm of movement in the chain when bike has no rider weight on it.  :hat: :hat:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Mick_J

Slapped some tax on it as we are allowed out from Wednesday.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Kiwifruit

Quote from: mjgt on Monday, 11 May  2020, 06:13 PM
Slapped some tax on it as we are allowed out from Wednesday.

Ahhh..... tax, that sounds like word we see an increase of   :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

GSXKING

Word is GST in Australia to go from 10% to 15% WTF  :doh: :doh: :doh:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk