News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Ive also got a few corona ks up. Got called back to work last week, weathers good so more to come. 2 legit ways to work, 18 one way, 40 the other. Guess which one i choose. Did sneak in a 300 day while off.

steve porter

My round trip is 100-120 kms, depending on how many shops I need to drop off at, really loving that seat I had made, total comfort

Kiwifruit

Exactly zero Corona k's for me. I am hanging out for a ride.   :sinbin:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Mick_J

Quote from: Globalrider on Saturday, 25 April  2020, 04:17 AM
Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 23 April  2020, 09:35 PM
Went for a quick blast, first since I balanced  the throttle bodies on the weekend, felt much smoother, no F1 C28 errors anymore, pulls like a freight train.  Fast idle still needs a tweak, too high from cold
Yea both Lara and Helga are shacked up with me for the duration!
Here's Helga mit the next round. Man this virus is a bugger!

She certainly looks like a handful  :whistling:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

Ok I didn't do this to my 14 today, but I found some pics of it back in 2008 when I'd even been mad enough to polish the forks! You'll all be glad to know I've grown out of such silly habits.

steve porter

Got a new battery for mine today, I've been carrying around my lithium jumpstarter around since the Philip island flat battery incident, forgot to plug it in to the trickle charger on Friday and it wouldn't start this morning, jumped it no worries, when leaving the city today it started fine, but I turned it off to get something out of the top box and it wouldn't start again, jumped it and rode straight to battery world and got a GFM Yuasa, was running a motobatt which are cheaper, second one I've had and the battery world guy reckons I've done well getting 3 years out of it, didn't rate them compared to the Yuasa, took it home dry and filled it myself and without charging it it read 12.5v and spun the bike over quicker than the old motobatt straight off the charger.

GSXKING

You get what you pay for with batteries. Lesson learned  :onya: :onya: :onya: :clapping: :clapping: :hat:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

steve porter

Quote from: GSXKING on Monday, 27 April  2020, 05:32 PM
You get what you pay for with batteries. Lesson learned  :onya: :onya: :onya: :clapping: :clapping: :hat:
Yea, didn't realize they weren't much chop, and to be honest I also didn't realize that  Yuasa were GFM these days, the bike had a motobatt in it when I got it and I just replaced like for like as I liked the idea of the GFM compared to the old lead acid in something as inherently unstable as a motorbike

GSXKING

Chris

Eric GSX1400K3

3 years from a battery is pretty good in my experience.  My K3 has got a yellow Yuasa in it, replaced it last  year from an old black motobatt iirc.
never any trouble.  I stay away from lithium units.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

steve porter

Quote from: GSXKING on Monday, 27 April  2020, 08:45 PM
What roughly was price difference bud ?  :whatever:
The Yuasa was 159 and he said the motobatt was around $100

steve porter

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Monday, 27 April  2020, 08:51 PM
3 years from a battery is pretty good in my experience.  My K3 has got a yellow Yuasa in it, replaced it last  year from an old black motobatt iirc.
never any trouble.  I stay away from lithium units.
I got 4 shorai lithium's for myself and a mate a few years back,two shit themselves within 12 months and were replaced under warranty, and all 4 ended up dead not long after the warranty ran out, an expensive exercise when we had two of their fancy chargers as well, which I still have if anybody wants one

GSXKING

My 2001 model bike from new battery lasted 10 years. Second battery lasted 6-7 years and third one is still going strong I do maintain them with a charger if bike isn't ridden for more than two weeks. Just a habit I got in to years ago.  :onya:

I feel that is pretty good value  :clapping: :clapping:
Chris

steve porter

They like being hooked up, everything we have is always plugged in except the daily's , my wife's chrysler she bought new in 2005 still has the original battery, it doesn't get used much, but has been hooked up to a trickle charger since day one

Del

I stripped the carbs off the bandit (AGAIN) as finally found out why it wasn't running worth a toss - full akra and a K&N meant needed to up the fuelling so upped the main and pilot jets to stage 3 - 3 turns out on mixture screws and back together - ticking over sweet as - all pipes even temperatures - starts a treat revs clean with no lag - thank fuck - all balanced and ready to go - bit no allowed oot - BUGGER
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk