Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

Lovely, there's one in NZ then.  Might just have a look up for them.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Snapey

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Wednesday, 22 April  2020, 06:26 AM

Our primary objective is one of fostering the preservation, restoration, riding and enjoyment of ownership of Japanese motorcycles more than 15 years old.

Does that mean I don't need all that old shit any more and can get by with just a K5 1400? Can you organise club plates too please Irish?
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Johno

Snapey,

No problems. Irish will organise your club plates for the K5.

Only catch is that you'll have to wait another 15 years for it to qualify.

You could always ride the Katana.  :)
Johno

GSX1400 K5 now sold
1981 GS1000G

Snapey

What would be better for these old bones Johno would be to take the plate & plastics off the Katana & fit them to the 14. A quick numbers job & nobody would know the difference although Irish might pick up that I'd fitted fuel injection to an odd looking Kat engine.  ;) :onya:

Irish in Oz

Irish in Oz

For UK.
15 years mentioned also, but not for club plates.
Last time I looked Johno was the only one in that 15 to 20 year category so he may be on a winner.

https://www.vjmc.com/

Irish in Oz

Quote from: Snapey on Wednesday, 22 April  2020, 05:20 PM
What would be better for these old bones Johno would be to take the plate & plastics off the Katana & fit them to the 14. A quick numbers job & nobody would know the difference although Irish might pick up that I'd fitted fuel injection to an odd looking Kat engine.  ;) :onya:

Now that would be the proper way to do it not like the stupid projects I've seen where they put a 1400 motor in a 1980's Katana. But I still won't give you a certificate for club plates.

TALLMAN

Well today I stuck my nose back here  for a quick peek , not logged on since I think  2018 - bad me :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :whistling:.

Good to see that most of the regulars are still here I 'm still on a 14 (K2)which I started today after its been sitting for a while due to the current world problem, started a new job 02/19 which takes up alot of my time which means less miles on the beast, I've still got my K3 stripped and 2.5 GSX 1100 et's that are stripped and in rebuild just no time to work on them :embarrassed: :embarrassed: beers on me at Lara's
HONI SOIT QUE MAL Y PENSE       UBIQUE!       QUO FAS ET GLORIA DU****        FACIMUS ET FRANGIMUS

Snapey

I'd love to have a beer on you at Lara's Tallman but the place is shut until the virus problems are over. :onya:

Eric GSX1400K3

Went for a quick blast, first since I balanced  the throttle bodies on the weekend, felt much smoother, no F1 C28 errors anymore, pulls like a freight train.  Fast idle still needs a tweak, too high from cold
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Jeykey

Quote from: Masterbates on Tuesday, 22 October  2019, 11:39 AM
Hi folks, been a while.
Over the weekend I managed to fit my Denali Soundbomb under fuel tank.  Really should have taken some photos, just made a basic aluminium bracket and used the two existing holes in behind the steering head.  The two screws that held the original horns on fit perfectly and I had suitable nuts just lying around.
I also just acquired a complete set of ZX14R front calipers and Master cylinder on the cheap for a radial brake upgrade.
I´ve got a Denali Soundbomb mini from the Vespa I sold. Was thinking of selling it, but maybe on the 14 it´ll sound just like the 14´s size: hugh ! How´s the sound under the tank ?

Globalrider

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 23 April  2020, 09:35 PM
Went for a quick blast, first since I balanced  the throttle bodies on the weekend, felt much smoother, no F1 C28 errors anymore, pulls like a freight train.  Fast idle still needs a tweak, too high from cold
Yea both Lara and Helga are shacked up with me for the duration!
Here's Helga mit the next round. Man this virus is a bugger!
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

Hooli

Hooli

I had to go to work for the third time this week, as the awful* weather continues I took the only sensible form of transport as I've done every time previously.

steve porter

Have clocked up just under 1200 corona Kms on mine in the last few weeks.Checked the mileage since last oil change which was 21/4/19 and and it's now done 2400 km in the 12 months , with a total of 23,500 km, not even run in

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk