News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve porter

Quote from: grog on Monday, 06 April  2020, 05:00 PM
Steve, perfect description of what it did to mine. Electric comparison so true. Not really wanting to say this, the worm can opens, after pairs i fitted Healtech ATRE, mainly for gear indicator, the advancer set up in it made mine even smoother. Biggest prob is every other bike i ride seems jerky in comparison.
I got a gear indicator before I heard about the advancer, but to be honest it`s pretty bloody good how it is now, when I can be bothered I will pull the baffle back out for a back to back test as a bit of  back pressure can be a good thing, eg. I fitted some loud free flowing mufflers that all the kiddies were raving about on my porsche 993 that I used to own and they made 6th gear unusable at 100 kph, I swapped them back and forth 3 times and had the appropriate chip made by "The Guy" but the reality was the car just didn`t work as well without some back pressure and I ended up selling them off.

Kiwifruit

Steve.....to get the baffle out of the Yoshi can will it just come out if you drill the rivets out and pop the end cap off ?
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

steve porter

It's the trioval and it came to me with the baffle already out and no drill holes, so not sure how it was originally held in  ,or even if it was ever in the can. I just tapped it in and drilled a 6 mm hole through it and the tip on the underside and fitted a stainless dome Allen bolt and nyloc 
Quote from: Kiwifruit on Monday, 06 April  2020, 06:52 PM
Steve.....to get the baffle out of the Yoshi can will it just come out if you drill the rivets out and pop the end cap off ?

KiwiCol

Can't recall, but I think they're held in place by a single bolt at the end, mine were out prior to me buying it as well Col.   No good looking at the Black as it's got the Delkevic on it.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

steve porter

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 06 April  2020, 08:05 PM
Can't recall, but I think they're held in place by a single bolt at the end, mine were out prior to me buying it as well Col.   No good looking at the Black as it's got the Delkevic on it.
Could have been pre drilled, I remember trying it  when I first got the bike, but pulled it out as it sounded better without it and I fitted the yoshi baffle to my Ducati to quieten it down for a roadworthy at one stage

Hooli

As I understand it the most important thing with back pressure is where it's created. The return wave of pressure goes back up into the exhaust port from the first change in diameter of the exhaust pipe, get that timed right & it swirls into the cylinder as the valve opens & scavenges more burnt gases out so you get more fresh mixture in next time.

Useless fact in the back of my head, for 1,275cc Minis the first change in the exhaust pipe (ie the backbox) should be 71.5" from the exhaust valve stem. No idea why I know as as I've never owned one & couldn't make an exhaust either.

Hooli

Tonight I did some major surgery on my 14.

I replaced the front brake light switch as a contact had snapped off. It was original, but you'd expect it to last more than 19years and 151k miles wouldn't you?

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Kiwifruit

Kiwifruit

I've had that screw out of my Yoshi can. Baffle didn't move. Looks like you have to take the end cap off.
Not going to bother.

Hooli

Today I had to visit a few sites for work so I used the 14.

I'd have sworn it was running fine before, but it's smoother & more responsive after cleaning the ignition switch. I guess a few bits weren't getting full amps or volts due to the manky contacts. Quicker for the same throttle too, so I bet the coils were one of the bits not getting enough electric.

steve porter

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 07 April  2020, 02:50 AM
Tonight I did some major surgery on my 14.

I replaced the front brake light switch as a contact had snapped off. It was original, but you'd expect it to last more than 19years and 151k miles wouldn't you?
They don't make em like they used to

steve porter

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Wednesday, 08 April  2020, 05:58 AM
I've had that screw out of my Yoshi can. Baffle didn't move. Looks like you have to take the end cap off.
Not going to bother.
I had to tap it in,not that hard,  but beside the one bolt there is nothing but interference holding it in

@Kiwifruit

grog

Col, looks like you have two lots of interference. The exhaust baffle and the inconsiderate boarder at your house.

Bonesy

Just started to do the fluids, brake, clutch
Gotta wait a couple of days for the fluid to arrive. Oil and filter done, Battery on the way too. Progress of sorts, can't wait to hear her growwwl again.  :furious:
Bonesy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk