Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notty

Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 20 March  2020, 04:32 AM
I was on page 3 too...

Same pic as at the top of the article before you worry.
Page 3? big chest by the look of you !! :) first page 3 to have a beard though  :rofl2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Kiwifruit

Hey, hey, hey, everybody has the rite to choose their gender. A quick shave and some lippy....... job done.
You're so insensitive Notty  :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Notty

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Friday, 20 March  2020, 05:39 AM
Hey, hey, hey, everybody has the rite to choose their gender. A quick shave and some lippy....... job done.
You're so insensitive Notty  :facepalm:
don't think there is any doubt regarding Hooli's gender is there Col !!! :)

Hooli

Roo

Nice ride today apart from the Truckie that came up to me at a road works stop.  (didn't like the way I passed him up a hill on a windy road !)
I stepped off the bike and I think he realised I was much bigger than he thought in full leathers and helmet etc....  He huffed and puffed back to his truck !!!!!hahahahahahaha :rofl2:

Big Geordi

Glad u gave your 14 a wee wash and brush up afore its big appearance in MCN Hoolianna it will forever b in your debt!! ;) :cheers:

Hooli

Quote from: Big Geordi on Friday, 20 March  2020, 06:15 PM
Glad u gave your 14 a wee wash and brush up afore its big appearance in MCN Hoolianna it will forever b in your debt!! ;) :cheers:

I actually did ya cheeky twat! On the friday & then did about 300 miles before getting to MCN, not that she comes up quite perfect these days.

Big Geordi

Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 20 March  2020, 06:43 PM
Quote from: Big Geordi on Friday, 20 March  2020, 06:15 PM

I actually did ya cheeky twat! On the friday & then did about 300 miles before getting to MCN, not that she comes up quite perfect these days.
:rofl3: :cheers:

VladTepes

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Notty

First wash after winter storage - acf50 did its job apart from the chain which is somewhat rusty - yes my fault
:bugga:

KiwiCol

She looks lovely Notty, very tidy indeed. :smitten:  Don't worry about the rusty chain, once it gets moving it'll look like a gold link one.   :whistling:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Will14

Quote from: Will14 on Wednesday, 18 March  2020, 07:56 AM
Refitted injectors after having them serviced by Injectortune & balanced throttle bodies which were way out after having the injectors, bike seems to be running OK but will be checking the TPS & STPS at the weekend

Bloody daft idea having the Fuel Rail secured with awkward to access Philips head screws, especially the left hand side which in the end I had to sacrifice to remove, now replaced with slightly easier to access Allen Screws 

On a down side the Bike appears to have developed an annoying little rattle, sounds like a loose washer rattling when I blip the throttle, can't find anything loose anywhere so am now thinking the rattle is coming from the inside of the left had side silencer possibly  :facepalm:

Cheers

Pete   

Well checked both the TPS & STPS and both were still spot on, gave the elec pug a good dosing of contact cleaner just for good measure  before reassembling

Then I went on to fit the new Delkavic Tri Oval exhausts that were delivered yesterday, had a bit of a fiddle with PC3 hit the starter and into life she sprang, cold start appears to be working better, after starting the revs build up to approx 1700 rpm then drop back down to idle at approx 1100 rpm. The exhausts have a lovely deep tone even if they are a bit louder than I expected, had a quick spin and all seemed good

Still a bit of fettling to do as I can't get the left hand link pipe to tighten properly onto the collector box for some reason, when the centre stand springs up the link pipe is moves slightly which then causes the stand foot to catch the link pipe when putting the stand back down  :furious: Has anyone one else experienced this & if so how did you cure it?

The last job of the day was to strip and replace the front Master Cylinder internals & bleed up the brakes which now seem a bit sharper

Cheers

Pete...

Hooli

I went out on mine & when stood next to my bike showing somewhere where the dodgy earth I'd found I noticed a wire snapped off the fan switch down under the ignition side cover. I'll have to look at that before things get too warm, assuming we're allowed out before 2035...

Oh & went up the Dales again to self isolate in solitary splendor.

Kiwifruit

I like your style Hooli......self isolation at its finest  :onya:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk