News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

Quote from: Will14 on Wednesday, 11 March  2020, 06:42 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 10 March  2020, 09:17 PM
Quote from: gsxbarmy on Tuesday, 10 March  2020, 07:58 PM
Quote from: VladTepes on Tuesday, 10 March  2020, 04:30 PM
Hooli is that 150,000 miles or kms ?

Look on the speedo @VladTepes - that 150,000 MILES - bloody impressive!!!!! (240,00Km!!!)

Yours has to be one, if not the highest mileage 14 Andy.

I'm pretty sure we've had a convict's bike at 298,000km before it went pop. That's 184,000miles roughly, I'll be there in a year or two. My current target is 250,000miles & then I might consider a new daily ride, obviously won't sell the 14 though.

But what would you go for if a new daily ride was required, would you go for another 14 or something else?

Not another 14 as I'd still have this one. I've no idea what to replace it with really, which is one of the reasons I've still got it as my main bike. I do kinda like those HD XR1200s, I'm not good at bland normality so I'd never get an adventure like like everyone else etc.

Hooli

Valves checked today, I don't do them as often as the book says because they never change. All still within spec, the exhausts are all slightly under mid spec now but not near the tightest limit. I guess they might need doing in a few years.

Camchain still feels like new, barely lifts off sprockets & has no sideways play. So no concerns there either.

BbigMmac

Treated the K2 with a dynorun / adjustment after fitting PCIII.

Will14

Refitted injectors after having them serviced by Injectortune & balanced throttle bodies which were way out after having the injectors, bike seems to be running OK but will be checking the TPS & STPS at the weekend

Bloody daft idea having the Fuel Rail secured with awkward to access Philips head screws, especially the left hand side which in the end I had to sacrifice to remove, now replaced with slightly easier to access Allen Screws 

On a down side the Bike appears to have developed an annoying little rattle, sounds like a loose washer rattling when I blip the throttle, can't find anything loose anywhere so am now thinking the rattle is coming from the inside of the left had side silencer possibly  :facepalm:

Cheers

Pete   

Eric GSX1400K3

Ive had the same annoying rattle, took a while to find it.  Maybe unrelated,but check the stainless surround bezel on the headlight, they can come loose and rattle at certain rpm, sounds just like a washer rattling around.  Same for the oil  cooler side covers, fan cover and any other metallic cover plates.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Andre

Quote from: Will14 on Wednesday, 18 March  2020, 07:56 AM
Bloody daft idea having the Fuel Rail secured with awkward to access Philips head screws, especially the left hand side which in the end I had to sacrifice to remove, now replaced with slightly easier to access Allen Screws 

Same here. Philips head screws should be outlawed. Try to get to those air intake rubber mounting Philips on the head. :furious:

Hooli

If only they were philips screws! they are bloody JDM shite, hence no proper screwdrivers fit them.

Daytona

Hooli

Quote from: Daytona on Thursday, 19 March  2020, 01:12 AM
Is that thee in mcn this week hooli,🏍🤔

Only a double page spread to tell the entire world I can't ride  :lol:
Not that anyone who knows me didn't know that already!

KiwiCol

I thought you'd just passed some advanced riding skills thingy & now you're being shown how to turn left?  or is it just for the paper write up they need a rider who pretends not to know how to turn left?  Not getting it?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 19 March  2020, 02:48 AM
I thought you'd just passed some advanced riding skills thingy & now you're being shown how to turn left?  or is it just for the paper write up they need a rider who pretends not to know how to turn left?  Not getting it?

That latter basically. I don't feel quite as confident in corners as I thought I should as the bike didn't feel quite as settled as I'd want it too. The IAM rider thing I recently passed doesn't do much on actual bike control, it's more about observation, planning so you're in the right place, right gear at the right speed & so forth. Unless your bike control isn't good enough to do that it doesn't really get mentioned, they do a bit on low speed riding but not much.

They went with the left hander as it's when most people have issues (we drive on the correct, not right, side of the road remember). I said I didn't mind if they did as we discussed it that day.

Oh & the real issue? turns out my pre-loads had adjusted themselves & the RH fork had nearly a ring less than the left... But it's got me famous  :lol:

VladTepes

any chance of a readable copy of said article.
This MCN sounds like a good mag.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Hooli

It's a weekly newspaper.

A friend has an electronic subscription and sent me these.

seth

@Hooli a good article .
I'm not really sure you have much of a future as a centerfold though .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

I was on page 3 too...

Same pic as at the top of the article before you worry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk