Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

C28 is often fixed by balancing the throttles & setting both the TPS & STPS.

Hooli

Anyway...

Been out with the MCN boys today, I should be in next week's paper saying I lack confidence in corners. I don't think I'll spoil the plot of the article to say the trainer from Rapid training (who's name I've forgot, sorry mate) made some useful observations that should improve things once I get into the habit of them.

Oh and my old bus hit 150k today too, so that's worth it's own pic. That's 100k in 10 years which shows I've been slacking at times.

stick3

the slave clutch seal arrived to day so i fitted it but bit of a job, the cover screws were so tight i had to undo the hose and speed sensor to put in the vise and use the impact driver only by hand (phew did need to use the

hammer)its got a thicker grip and made it  easier to to undo and clean the housing
i lubed the push rod with red rubber grease and mixed with engine oil that goes into the gearbox and red grease to the seal end

fresh fluid again which was only 2 weeks old when i also did the brakes and fixed a rear flat tyre
it wasn t that dirty  for 11 years old and 34,500ks

Kiwifruit

Hooli lucky your bike didnt clock up the big 150 in the middle of a busy intersection.  :hat:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

VladTepes

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

gsxbarmy

Quote from: VladTepes on Tuesday, 10 March  2020, 04:30 PM
Hooli is that 150,000 miles or kms ?

Look on the speedo @VladTepes - that 150,000 MILES - bloody impressive!!!!! (240,00Km!!!)

Yours has to be one, if not the highest mileage 14 Andy.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Tuesday, 10 March  2020, 03:58 PM
Hooli lucky your bike didnt clock up the big 150 in the middle of a busy intersection.  :hat:

It did it by an island in the middle of a t-junction, but I had a mile to pick a safe place to stop so it wasn't an issue.

The pic of me was a little later at 150,003 miles, I checked out of interest.

Hooli

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Tuesday, 10 March  2020, 07:58 PM

Look on the speedo @VladTepes - that 150,000 MILES - bloody impressive!!!!! (240,00Km!!!)

I'm pretty sure we've had a convict's bike at 298,000km before it went pop. That's 184,000miles roughly, I'll be there in a year or two. My current target is 250,000miles & then I might consider a new daily ride, obviously won't sell the 14 though.

grog

Hooli, think it was me who posted bloke with 318 th and cam chain broke. No proof, just what i was told. Youre effort is truly amazing in my book. If you had our riding weather would be lots more.  :hat: :hat:

Hooli

I do check the camchain when I check the valves, but it's never seemed worn so I've not considered replacing it.

I need to fit a valve check in this year really, if only as three of the bolts holding the cam cover on felt like they were stripping when I put them back last. I've already helicoiled a couple so will do all the rest at once this time.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 10 March  2020, 09:41 PM
I do check the camchain when I check the valves, but it's never seemed worn so I've not considered replacing it.

I need to fit a valve check in this year really, if only as three of the bolts holding the cam cover on felt like they were stripping when I put them back last. I've already helicoiled a couple so will do all the rest at once this time.

Do post up the MCN article when its printed Andy, look forward to reading that  :onya:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Tuesday, 10 March  2020, 09:44 PM
Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 10 March  2020, 09:41 PM

Do post up the MCN article when its printed Andy, look forward to reading that  :onya:

I think they said it's out on the 18th, I'll have to buy a copy for once!

Amuses me I got to do it via the Ride FB page, another publication I never buy.

Irish in Oz

Good royalty money to be made out of those magazine articles. I suppose it depends if others buy them  ;)

Will14

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 10 March  2020, 09:17 PM

I'm pretty sure we've had a convict's bike at 298,000km before it went pop. That's 184,000miles roughly, I'll be there in a year or two. My current target is 250,000miles & then I might consider a new daily ride, obviously won't sell the 14 though.

But what would you go for if a new daily ride was required, would you go for another 14 or something else?

Blubber

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 10 March  2020, 09:17 PM

That is what i remember too. A bearing failed. I think it conrod bearing but i am not 100% certain.
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk