Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Glad youre ok Sweaty. Throw that box thing away when home.

Snapey

Is that the same brand rack that we repaired at Omeo Steve? The oval tube might look nice but with that brand & the very expensive Givi breaking the same way I'd be looking for an alternative design ... or a smaller top box.

I look forward to your report on tomorrows ride home in the furnace ... Tumut to Glenwood via the shortest route I'd say.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Sweaty

It is still that same exact rack Pete. I was going to throw it away, but now that I have had it welded every time is has cracked (in 4 different places now) and the guy reinforced it on both sides with a plate yesterday. I think it should be the best rack in NSW now  :smile2:
I'm in Cooma for the night Pete. So, I am planning a coastal trip home, as long as the Princes highway stays open 🤞🏻

Hooli

I've had a Givi snap the same way.

In my case it was because the oval tube was only attached to the 'bolt tube' with two small blobs of weld/braze, which left plenty of room for the weakened bit with the cutout for the bolt tube to flex. I fixed it like yours & it lasted years.

Snapey

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 18 December  2019, 09:05 PM
I've had a Givi snap the same way.

In my case it was because the oval tube was only attached to the 'bolt tube' with two small blobs of weld/braze, which left plenty of room for the weakened bit with the cutout for the bolt tube to flex. I fixed it like yours & it lasted years.

Hooli you'll find that boss is not even braze but bloody silver solder.

Snapey

Quote from: Sweaty on Wednesday, 18 December  2019, 08:56 PM
I'm in Cooma for the night Pete. So, I am planning a coastal trip home, as long as the Princes highway stays open 🤞🏻

A much better way Steve ... only 40C going that way. Call in for a drink, you'll need it.

Sweaty

T 24

@Sweaty
That's why I made two extra bars to my SW Motech rack. Ugly or not.
Years ago I almost killed myself with a broken rack and heavy load in top box with my GS 1000 G.

KiwiCol

Great ride Sweaty!  day 3 with 1700+k"s?  Absolutely massive, yes you would have a sore arse!  and stiff knees and aching shoulders, numb hands, the list goes on.

To be able to do that much in a day, there have to be some wide open / high speed touring roads over there   900 - 1000k's in a day here & I'm knackered.   Well done you!!
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Snapey

1736kms would be the total of his 3 days of riding Col.

Beaker

Shit @Sweaty - lucky with the top box mate - glad you were able to patch it up. Not a fan of those boxes pivoting off the arse end of a bike, especially when they are so easy to over pack. Removed my rear rack from the Beemer and now carry my box where the pillion seat sits - one advantage of having a split seat.

Sweaty

That right Pete. I'm not that crazy Col.
Around 600km days of mainly windy roads. 800km is the biggest day I have ever done & that was enough.

GSX1400Convert

Rode it to work  :grin:
And I'll take the long way home  ;)
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there's no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

GSXKING

Quote from: Sweaty on Thursday, 19 December  2019, 07:47 AM
That right Pete. I'm not that crazy Col.
Around 600km days of mainly windy roads. 800km is the biggest day I have ever done & that was enough.

UMMMMMMMM not crazy ?????????:stir:  :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Eric GSX1400K3

Fitted my Wezmoto carboline braided brake lines front and rear  yesterday, dead easy. Bled the systems, new brake fluid all round.  Looks trick and stopping power noticeably improved.  Just the clutch line to go....
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk