News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweaty

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 12 December  2019, 08:27 AM
Went on a ride through the Southwest of WA: Dwellingup to Quindanning to Collie to Bridgetown to Boyup Brook to Northcliffe to Walpole, back the next day via Manjimup, through the Franklin State forest then home via Bunbury bypass.  1100km of glorious winding roads barely any traffic and the 1400 singing its song at 4500-5000rpm. Awesome.

Good onya Eri  :onya:c. I will be doing the same myself on Monday for 4 days, with a slight detour due to the Bush fires.

Hooli

I went for a coddiwomple around North Yorks as I often do, today was a mock test for advanced riding. I think I did crap but they said I was nearly at pass level, I'll go with my opinion as they missed lots of mistakes I know I made.

It started off wet, got a bit stingy on my face when the hail came down & then the snow was much softer against my delicate skin. Oddly enough there wasn't a huge amount of other bikes out.

Andre

Cold and wet are way too advanced conditions for this old man. Looks like a dry day with 10-15° coming up this coming week.  :boogie:

bigian14

Fitted lock-up clutch this evening that should stop any chance of the bugger slipping, just need to wait for some dry weather, could be a while.

Hooli

Can I see the edge of a turbo in those downpipes? As I can't see any use for that in a normal 14.

GSXKING

Quote from: bigian14 on Sunday, 15 December  2019, 07:18 AM
Fitted lock-up clutch this evening that should stop any chance of the bugger slipping, just need to wait for some dry weather, could be a while.

I'm curious as to why you need that set up  :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

From what i can see in pics, lots of time, money and expertise on your mount Bigian. Any chance of a full pic, think have seen b4 but cant find.

Eric GSX1400K3

Replaced sprocker carrier bearing yesterday as saw lube leaking past the seal after my 1100km ride. Bearing was ok, not noisy.  But found whomever installed the ladt set mustave drove it in with a sledgehammer, edge of the race was chipped.  Ended up replacing both rear and front wheel bearings as a precaution, with original Koto sealed for life units.  Bike has done 42000 km
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Sweaty

I took it for a ride  :smile2:
Day 1 of my 4 day solo trip. Ended up doing 637kms to Eden, because Stupid me, forgot to check the Bush fire road closures again before setting off & didn't find out that the re-opened (on fri) Kings highway to Batemans bay, re-closed after I checked yesterday. Found out way too late at Nerriga pub, so had to detour via Tarago, Queanbeyan & Cooma (yes Snapey, I had to do that boring stretch  :cry2:) after that was it was ok though.

grog

Looks like a good result mate. How far normally to Eden?

Sweaty

My original plan was 564 kms anyway Grog, but that was not a direct route of course. It's all about the journey & taking the best roads. It was just going to be a nicer coastal ride and skipped a boring section I had to do , but I still had a great day anyway. It beats bloody working 👍

Eric GSX1400K3

Nice one Sweaty! My ride down south was ~380km via the most direct and boring route. We did it in 660km via byways and country  roads, its all (insert  cliche here...) about the journey, not the destination.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

I broke a winter habit & washed mine. Waxed it after & recoated in ACF-50. Can you tell which is before & after?

(I only did it for @gsxbarmy really as I know he's getting a bit old so we need to be nice to him.

Irish in Oz

Even the ground and fence are brighter with the reflection off the bike.

Snapey

Quote from: Sweaty on Monday, 16 December  2019, 06:22 PM
Found out way too late at Nerriga pub, so had to detour via Tarago, Queanbeyan & Cooma (yes Snapey, I had to do that boring stretch  :cry2:) after that was it was ok though.

Fuck me Sweaty ... not the bloody Monaro. :facepalm: Back toward Nowra then down the coast is about the same distance as my not favourite road. https://tinyurl.com/r8lbg9q
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk