Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve porter

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 23 November  2019, 05:35 PM
Steve, what brand is your screen. If it takes off a bit of wind pressure and doesnt direct at helmet, might be interested. I have similar in shed, havent used for years. It takes away chest wind but terrible at helmet and im only a short arse. 175 cm.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Windshield-Windscreen-Pare-brise-For-SUZUKI-GSX-1200-750-INAZUMA-GSX750-GSX1400/173240594106?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I was using my hand to try and find where the buffeting was and I think it was just under my helmet, but I am a big bastard and my seat is an extra 40 mm high from memory so it may not be suitable, however it's not a whole lot higher than the instruments, when it turned up I was surprised how short it was as it looks taller in the add, but it seems to have worked out pretty well fo me

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Monday, 15 April  2019, 02:52 PM
Fitted my Stedi LED 7inch headlight, waterfall led indicators and led flasher relay, gave it a wash and dry, went for a ride after rebuilding the front forks.....life is good.
Update- some pics of the install following some  queries how i did it. I tapped out the three blanked lugs in the headlight body and used stainless bolts to centre the light in the bezel. The original steel surround ring fits perfectly on the stedi light, finishes it off nice.  Took a stainless jubilee clip cut it with tin snips and drilled a hole in each end. Then bolted this to the existing lugs on the inside of the bezel after carefully bending them to suit. Then tightened the jubilee clip across the back of the light assembly. This stops it falling backwards into the housing and the 3 radial bolts stop it falling forwards.  Locking thr 3 bolts with the locknuts stops them moving around.  Fitted the headlight back into the housing using the original screws. The plug connection is easy,you need to decide if you want the surrounding leds on with low or high beam just by selecting  which  plug. 

Once connected and fitted, you need to align the headlight a bit, i found mine was pretty good already.  Unfortunately you cant use the factory side to side aligner, but the up-down one  still works fine.

Ive run about 1500km with that setup now and no issues at all with vibration or the headlight moving in the housing.  The light this puts out is 10000% better than the factory halogen.

Hope this helps.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

KiwiCol

Took the blue for a spin yesterday.  It began nice & sedately, just meandering along the main roads, keeping up with the traffic & staying in place, got a bit bored with that & took a different less busy route, thus beginning a more spirited run for the next 70 odd k's.

:cruisin:

If you've been off it a while, being busy looking after electrics in boats for example, you can forget what a lovely thing it is between 4 & 7 thou revs, and how the speed climbs so effortlessly.  Yes, lovely run yesterday afternoon.

Took the black out today, gotta be fair & share road time.  Being a full naked, unlike the blue, it's a very different feeling riding that, and I like it!  It also sings a very happy song in the 4-7 thou range, the Delkevic carbon just broadcasting it's melody to the world. 

Pulled in for some gas, still had plenty, just over ½ a tank, but it'd been sitting for a while, so thought a top up with some fresh wouldn't hurt.  Thought bugger it, it's only half a tank, so I put 100+ octane in it.  started up, sounded like it did a few minutes ago, then it changed while I was putting me hat on. Hard to describe the difference, just smoother in the exhaust note.  I know it would have been when the new / mixed fuel got into it.  seemed to go the same afterwards, just something I noticed.

Anyway, 2 very pleasant excursions on 2 afternoons, ale time I think.  Cheers. :cheers:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

GSXKING

@KiwiCol If you go see Ford V Ferrari Shelby talks about the magical 7000 rpm where everything smooths out.  :onya: :onya:

However riding any motorcycle at 7000 rpm other than at the track could be complicated.  :whatever: :whatever:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Kiwifruit

Had the new tyres fitted, changed the oil and filter....... she's a beauty now  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

steve porter

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 23 November  2019, 05:35 PM
Steve, what brand is your screen. If it takes off a bit of wind pressure and doesnt direct at helmet, might be interested. I have similar in shed, havent used for years. It takes away chest wind but terrible at helmet and im only a short arse. 175 cm.

OK, so after extensive testing the turbulence is right at my neck, but as stated I`m 6'4" with a raised , firmer seat

grog

Steve, youre 8 inches taller, higher seat, say one inch. My seat slightly lower. Roughly figuring, wind at your neck would whack it straight at helmet for me. Same story as screen i have that i dont use for that reason.

Sweaty

Just like me Grog. Mine sits under my bench. Don't like the look or feel.

steve porter

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 30 November  2019, 04:22 PM
Steve, youre 8 inches taller, higher seat, say one inch. My seat slightly lower. Roughly figuring, wind at your neck would whack it straight at helmet for me. Same story as screen i have that i dont use for that reason.
Yep, right in the middle of your bounce I reckon,  I'm going to see if I can set it a bit lower myself as after a 2 1/2 hour ride at freeway speeds the neck buffeting was starting to give e the shits, glad it wasn't expensive as it may very well end up under my bench as well

Hooli

Screens just make my head wobble when I ride, plus they look crap. Hence I don't have one either.

Hooli

Oh & I did 170miles around north Yorkshire today. It was a bit chilly in places riding past flooded fields that were still frozen all day on roads still white with frost at 2pm...

Was fun though & I was still in summer gloves & openface lid  :grin:

steve porter

I re drilled the mounting brackets and lowered the screen as far as I could,about 20mm,not much ,but will see how it goes.

here`s one I made out of Ali for my 750 GT, works an absolute treat, but you do tend to sit a lot higher on that than the 1400

grog

Steve, just make sure that screen doesnt scratch top of headlight, mine did. Double sided tape helps. Bloody nice Ducati.

steve porter

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 01 December  2019, 05:14 PM
Steve, just make sure that screen doesnt scratch top of headlight, mine did. Double sided tape helps. Bloody nice Ducati.
Good thinking 99
I sold the gt a couple of years back to the guy I bought it from 20 years earlier, at a health 20k profit, he would have done less than 100 km on it since then

steve porter

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 01 December  2019, 05:14 PM
It was touching, so I`ve taken it off and will make adjustments before I use it, Thanks for the heads up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk