News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

froudy

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Mick_J

Wow, those calipers look new, what paint did you use?
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

great work all you blokes. very impressive. Gaz, instructions on achieving your finish on engine cover, brushed look. i can polish , but not sure how you achieved that flat finish. mine needs similar. paper size you used etc. thanks. 

grog

Froudy, just beautiful, a stainless top yoke cover would finish it off. love mine. Snapey, superb work, re adjust head brgs after a few ks, 1000 or so. worth doing. not interfering, just trying to help.

Snapey

Quote from: mjgt on Monday, 06 March  2017, 06:59 PM
Wow, those calipers look new, what paint did you use?

VHT caliper paint with a light coat of clear acrylic lacquer. Not sure how the clear will go with heat but I'll soon find out.  :doh:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VHT-Gold-Caliper-Paint-/321892883870?hash=item4af24f9d9e:g:-IUAAOSw9mFWHXtl
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Gaz1978

Quote from: grog on Monday, 06 March  2017, 07:12 PM
great work all you blokes. very impressive. Gaz, instructions on achieving your finish on engine cover, brushed look. i can polish , but not sure how you achieved that flat finish. mine needs similar. paper size you used etc. thanks.

Grog - Just stripped all the lacquer off with a 800 wet and dry, then went to a 1200, 1500, and 2000 finally.

To be honest I found it way easier than going for a mirror polish. And it wasn't actually my intention to leave it like that......I was just rubbing it down to respray but then halfway through thought it looks good with that effect on it so just went with it  :)

Gaz

froudy

Dealer mode switch fitted.
I looked at a few possible mounting positions and in the end decided to go for the rear tank bracket. It's neat and nicely tucked out of the way...And it works! :imrgreen:

seth

only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

VladTepes

Can you activate it without removing the seat? (Because surely that would be the point...)
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

northern

Quote from: VladTepes on Wednesday, 08 March  2017, 12:27 PM
Can you activate it without removing the seat? (Because surely that would be the point...)
Yes, same question.
I had from time to time an error displayed, which disappears every time I remove seat and enter dealer mode ☺️.
So I install a switch, which was possible to activate immediately when FI error appears.

VladTepes

Yes because as is mentioned in one of the guides, cutting power to the ignition clears the error, which obviously happens if you need to remove the key to get under the seat.....  Unless you carry a spare key with you all the time.....
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

froudy

Quote from: VladTepes on Wednesday, 08 March  2017, 04:09 PM
Yes because as is mentioned in one of the guides, cutting power to the ignition clears the error, which obviously happens if you need to remove the key to get under the seat.....  Unless you carry a spare key with you all the time.....

Good point Vlad..
Hence the reason someone on here mounted it on the helmet lock bracket...I might have to move it then :rolleyes:

gsxbarmy

Quote from: froudy on Wednesday, 08 March  2017, 07:12 PM
Quote from: VladTepes on Wednesday, 08 March  2017, 04:09 PM

Good point Vlad..
Hence the reason someone on here mounted it on the helmet lock bracket...I might have to move it then :rolleyes:

I think that was Celtic32 that did that  :onya:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

grog

well done Froudy. brilliant stuff, i will mount externally somewhere. sit and look, couple of beers, ill find a place. will let you know my ideas. great stuff.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk