News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

It's worth balancing the throttles every 6 months or so, so they won't be that unused.

bigian14

Quote from: Hooli on Saturday, 16 November  2019, 02:29 AM
I had a look for my cold/wet misfire.

Considering I'd never touched the plugs in 40k it seemed a good place to start... cleaned them up so the sealing washers move again, regapped them they were all about 0.1mm too big (who says iridium lasts longer?) and refitted them. They'd also felt a bit loose to remove which was probably the main issue.

Test run tomorrow, but it sounded a bit crisper when started & blipped gentley.
Had that happen to mine a couple of times in recent years, turned out to be a loose plug or two both times so it's worth giving them a quick check now and again.

Hooli

Aye, so every 35k in future as it plays up after 40k...

I've had them loose in this bike before too, just seems to be a thing they do.

Irish in Oz

Quote from: Hooli on Saturday, 16 November  2019, 05:24 AM
Aye, so every 35k in future as it plays up after 40k...

I've had them loose in this bike before too, just seems to be a thing they do.

Probably didn't tighten them right the last time  :stir:

Irish in Oz

Quote from: Will14 on Saturday, 16 November  2019, 02:36 AM
Well after collecting the Carbtune Pro from the Post Office this morning.

Just a side note: I ordered the Carbtune late on Tuesday and the postie attempted to deliver it yesterday but there was no one at home - I thought that was good service from Carbtune considering they are based in Belfast and only charge £2 for delivery

You where ripped off we get them delivered them the mainland overnight fast & free.  :)

Eric GSX1400K3

Ordered a set of standard layout braided brake hoses front and rear plus a new clutch hose. Black stainless banjos and carbolook shrouding. All from Wezmoto.  Will be waiting next to the mailbox in anticipation...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Taniwha

Well, where do I start!

I bought some switches for my spotlights and underseat power point. Turns out one switch was momentary and the other one was faulty. 🤬🤬
Both were SUPPOSED to be latching!

I bought some relays to slow down my indicator  flash speed. Turns out EVERY FRIKKEN INDICATOR  needs a resistor! No one told me this when I bought the damn things. And a seven pin flasher is aboot $150!!!

Check out this wiring job for my indicators by a REPUTABLE repairer!

Suzuki plug to heat shrunk join to bare wires twisted and pushed into THE FUCKEN BACK!! of a bullet connector!!
K7 B&W, '84 GPZ550, '12 ZX2,

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Taniwha on Saturday, 16 November  2019, 10:04 PM
Well, where do I start!

I bought some switches for my spotlights and underseat power point. Turns out one switch was momentary and the other one was faulty. 🤬🤬

I bought some relays to slow down my indicator  flash speed. Turns out EVERY FRIKKEN INDICATOR  needs a resistor! No one told me this when I bought the damn things. And a seven pin flasher is aboot $150!!!

Suzuki plug to heat shrunk join to bare wires twisted and pushed into THE FUCKEN BACK!! of a bullet connector!!

I assume you want to slow down the relay after fitting led indicators? On mine i wanted to do the same, so i added load resistors to each indicator. Then i found a 7 pin led relay on ebay for 5 bucks. Just type 7 pin led relay for gsx 1400 and see. Bought the relay then found i didnt need the load resistors. Crimped abd heat shrunk all the  joins.  No probs since.

I have  fitted led "waterfall" leds . All up cost is around 40 bucks including the relay.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Notty

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Saturday, 16 November  2019, 11:39 PM
Quote from: Taniwha on Saturday, 16 November  2019, 10:04 PM
Well, where do I start!

I assume you want to slow down the relay after fitting led indicators? On mine i wanted to do the same, so i added load resistors to each indicator. Then i found a 7 pin led relay on ebay for 5 bucks. Just type 7 pin led relay for gsx 1400 and see. Bought the relay then found i didnt need the load resistors. Crimped abd heat shrunk all the  joins.  No probs since.

I have  fitted led "waterfall" leds . All up cost is around 40 bucks including the relay.
Relay did it for me - no resistors (which can get hot and melt any plastic they are near )  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

seth

I'm sure I've seen a replacement flasher relay that replaces the original that's for led indicators so no extra resistors are needed .
I'll see what I can find
:google:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Suzuki boi

Looking at getting one of those oil temperature caps that replace the standard oil cap.
Anyone have one.
Thinking of something like this one?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F133162438404

seth

I have one in my b/w gsx1400
It does what it says but mainly its just bling had it in the red in mid Germany a few years ago.
They can stick if you don't remove and clean the threads every now and then .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Andre

I have one of these. Be aware that the shown temp is differs from the temp-switch for the fan and these temp-caps. On mine it is about 20°C. The fan switches on at 120° while the temp-cap shows 100°. I can't say what the difference for the engine oil temperature sensor (EOTS) is as I have not measured it, but I go by the fan switch difference as that is the temp the makers of the 14 think it necessary to have additional cooling. Fan switches off at 108°

I consider 60-85° on the temp-cap (about 80-105° at the fan switch) to be a good operating temperature. Below or above that I adjust usage of the bike.

Andre

The difference is due to the VERY different locations of the temp-cap and the fan-switch. The fan switch sits at the main oil gallery while the temp cap sits far removed... well, you know where it is.

<<Edited for my pleasure to see if Seth will ask how I did that>> :grin:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk