News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suzuki boi

seth

Bargin same as my ones been on 3 years without any issues.
:onya:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

Same as mine too I think.

There is enough slack in the wiring to waterproof the multiplugs with tape & tie them away under the tank without issue. As it's normally those multiplugs that fail first it's worth doing.

As far as I know the different types only differ in length, they all fit the same size bars/throttle tube.

seth

@Hooli the grip material is different and some are harder than others I have 2 different Oxford types and much prefer the touring ones .
:cheers:

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

Fair enough, I think I've only ever bought the touring ones.

Kiwifruit

Using the same Oxford grips. Had on 4 years, been good  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Speedy1959

Same for me
Oxford touring on Sophie and I too insulated the connectors under the tank.
I've had about 5 Oxford heated grips on the various bikes I have owned and never had a problem with any of them.

Hooli

Mine always die after a few years, I suspect it's down to get brake fluid or something on them when working on the bike as the rubber wears away until the bare heating wires show.

I've been trying harder to keep the current ones clean of such things & it seems to be working.

Suzuki boi

Heated grips should be here tomorrow or Tuesday  :boogie:
These bad boys arrived from China yesterday

MarkN

Oil and filter done today so should be fit for another few months - or about a fortnight if you're Hooli  :onya:

Will14

Refitted my front brake calipers that Del has recently refurbished for me - The pictures really do not do them justice, the quality of the work done is absolutely second to none and I can not thank Del enough for the work done and help in sourcing replacement pistons

Also many thanks to the other member who supplied the replacement caliper pistons

seth

Sethbot Postwhore

GSXKING

Quote from: Will14 on Wednesday, 13 November  2019, 08:13 AM
Refitted my front brake calipers that Del has recently refurbished for me - The pictures really do not do them justice, the quality of the work done is absolutely second to none and I can not thank Del enough for the work done and help in sourcing replacement pistons

Also many thanks to the other member who supplied the replacement caliper pistons

Looks mint  :onya: :onya: :onya: :onya:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Hooli

I had a look for my cold/wet misfire.

Considering I'd never touched the plugs in 40k it seemed a good place to start... cleaned them up so the sealing washers move again, regapped them they were all about 0.1mm too big (who says iridium lasts longer?) and refitted them. They'd also felt a bit loose to remove which was probably the main issue.

Test run tomorrow, but it sounded a bit crisper when started & blipped gentley.

Will14

Well after collecting the Carbtune Pro from the Post Office this morning I have balanced the throttle bodies this afternoon, not such a bad job to do at all

After connecting and setting up the gauges and running the bike initially I found that 1&2 were pretty much spot on together as were 3&4 so all I really needed to do was to sync the two sides together as they were unbalanced, a minor adjustment but while doing it the engine note change was quite significant and the idle is now much smoother. As I had purchased the carbtune I decided to have a bit more of a fiddle for the hell of it and it is surprising how much difference a fraction of a turn on the adjuster screws actually makes

All back together now & ready for a road test sometime over the weekend if I get an opportunity

Just a side note: I ordered the Carbtune late on Tuesday and the postie attempted to deliver it yesterday but there was no one at home - I thought that was good service from Carbtune considering they are based in Belfast and only charge £2 for delivery, just a shame the gauges will now sit in the garage unused for the foreseeable  :frustrated:

Cheers

Pete 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk