Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froudy

Talking of main stands, mine is gradually seizing up and needs to be removed, the pivot cleaned and a re grease. Not looking forward to doing it as struggling with the two springs is a right pain in the arse :furious:

I did fit my 19T front sprocket though. I haven't been out for a ride to test it yet, so can't comment on the difference it makes. It won't get ridden until next Sunday when I'm back on day shift as I've decided that the Bandit needs a run this week. MOT is booked for Friday so I'll ride it to work tonight and it'll give me a chance to iron out any problems..Hopefully it'll all be good as it's done less than 500 since last years MOT :rolleyes:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

erbas

Done for today.  Really wondering if I get things together again :grin:

14K3, RP02,PC43, 2J4, SC54, W201, W124

Andre

One step at a time, maybe one or two back in between, it will be done :onya:

Notty

Found my spare key been looking for weeks  :) :) :) Been away on holiday last month and I always hide my bike ignition and lock keys - take my pc, my money my wife but not my 14 !!! but old age struck and I couldn't remember where I had put it and I  remember all the problems caused when you need new key on a K5.....hid it in the deep fat fryer  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

KiwiCol

Quote from: Notty on Monday, 08 July  2019, 02:30 AM
Found my spare key been looking for weeks  :) :) :) Been away on holiday last month and I always hide my bike ignition and lock keys - take my pc, my money my wife but not my 14 !!! but old age struck and I couldn't remember where I had put it and I  remember all the problems caused when you need new key on a K5.....hid it in the deep fat fryer  :)
and only found after biting something hard that wasn't battered.  :rofl2:

Yeeees, I'm familiar with 'your issue' myself Notty.   :rofl2:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

mlivkovich

Put new chain and sprockets, old one did 48000km, enough.

seth

Today me and Emma will be riding our gsx's across Belgium all day ending up 4 miles from the spa race track
Might be a few classics about after the classic race weekend .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

T 24

@mlivkovich
What was the riveting diameter you used?
I had some problems to get that rivet big enough with the same chain.

mlivkovich

Quote from: T 24 on Wednesday, 10 July  2019, 07:15 PM
@mlivkovich
What was the riveting diameter you used?
I had some problems to get that rivet big enough with the same chain.

I did 5.8mm  :cheers:

T 24

5.8 mm is fine. My book tells 5.68-5.99 mm (0.224-0.236") = 5.7-6.0 mm to 530ZVMX
I did 5.6-5.7 mm with my tools, I didn't have any more power :embarrassed:
But they seem to stay. ~30 000 km now.

mlivkovich

I borrowed DID chain tool without pin with groove (required) and riveted my chain without problem. I could go for 6 mm but I was afraid that might get tight spot on chain.  :cheers:

T 24

Hooli

I rode mine home from a few days on the IOM with Baso (that some might remember from the old ORG).

Company great, had a laugh but the IOM is like a Scottish Isle without the charm & full of scousers.

Speedy1959

At 7.30am I thought "I Know... I will go and Hammerite my center stand"
So after some coarse wire wool treatment and plenty of Brake cleaner thats what I did..
Why?
Because there was surface rust appearing on it..
Look rather good now even if i say so myself.

Hooli

I'm glad my 14 never suffers 'rust' that sounds like much too much effort.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk