Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

Oh, mine was called ? Ezy Drain or something, didn't look like that, was a bit longer & had a wee handle n stuff.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Sweaty

Makes oil changes a breeze & does not hang to low. (In my opinion:)

grog

Sweaty, both products i use and like. Pipes just sparkle and Fumoto is easy. Agree, not too low for me.

grog

Today, a quick checkover. Cleaned out external fuel filter, filled up tank and added Wynns cleaner. checked chain adjustment, cheap EK O ring to wear out sprockets, now 15 th ks, no adjust needed ever. adjusted headlight, had it out for a clean , wipe over with Bowdens Fully Slick. Job done. Rode home perfectly.  Amazing bike.

KiwiCol

Tonight I cleaned up 1 caliper, (do the other in a day or 2) in preparation for the new lines. Put some nice shiny SS bolts in the caliper & cleaned up the OEM mounting bolts.  You're starting to get it bad when you begin polishing the head of a bolt!  Anyway, a couple of pics of tonights work.  The hose is just sitting in the clean caliper to stop stuff getting in there.

The polished OEM bolts

The cleaned up caliper(Not to Del Std)

The new SS bolts

And fitted up back on the bike, torque 16 21 & 25.

Come out looking good I reckon, for a no paint job.

Now, where are those new lines? 

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 13 June  2019, 07:36 PM
Tonight I cleaned up 1 caliper, (do the other in a day or 2) in preparation for the new lines
Come out looking good I reckon

Looks great Col what did you use to clean the calipers?
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Icebreaker

Quote from: seth on Thursday, 13 June  2019, 07:20 AM
@Icebreaker
Just careful of your Speedo being out by changing the gearing .
It should pick up very nicely tho  :onya:

Thanks it's a hoot...
Shake'n bake

Icebreaker

My New windscreen, 5 dollar of alixpress :boogie: :happy1:
Shake'n bake

KiwiCol

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 13 June  2019, 08:32 PM
Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 13 June  2019, 07:36 PM
Tonight I cleaned up 1 caliper, (do the other in a day or 2) in preparation for the new lines
Come out looking good I reckon

Looks great Col what did you use to clean the calipers?
brake cleaner, but mostly kero & a tooth brush & a cloth.

Tony Nitrous

Looks like I've killed another battery.

Didn't use the 14 much at the start of the year, then had a while off bikes due to my health, then I got the H2 and wanted to use it more.

Battery is a year or 2 old but it was a budget "Supercheap Autos" one.

Partly my own fault, I've been to lazy or busy to use a trickle charger or ride the bike and the recent cool weather seems to have been the nail in the coffin.

Might grab another in the week.

grog

Tony, HVT 8 from Superstart seems to work well. Prices vary, 125 is a fair cost. Mine tests over 350 cca after 12 mths. As for lasting, dont know yet.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 16 June  2019, 05:08 PM
Tony, HVT 8 from Superstart seems to work well. Prices vary, 125 is a fair cost. Mine tests over 350 cca after 12 mths. As for lasting, dont know yet.

Sounds good. A quick google only shows stores on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast though.

Will see if I can find an SSB dealer locally.

northern

LSL X01 handlebar installed.

This is my second "fatbar" previous was Renthal 605, which was uncomfortable to me - to far away and to wide.
Renthal ultra low was perfect ergonomic, but it seemed to me very thin on our quite massive bike, so I start searching for 28mm replacement.
Actually, LSL XN1 is almost identical bend of ultra low but I decide to go 10mm higher option. At the moment, I'm not 100% sure I made best desigion choosing X01 instead of XN1. So fare only ~10km are ridden with this handlebar, but in my opinion it's much better then Rental 605

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: northern on Wednesday, 19 June  2019, 06:05 AM
LSL X01 handlebar installed.

This is my second "fatbar" previous was Renthal 605, which was uncomfortable to me - to far away and to wide.
Renthal ultra low was perfect ergonomic, but it seemed to me very thin on our quite massive bike, so I start searching for 28mm replacement.
Actually, LSL XN1 is almost identical bend of ultra low but I decide to go 10mm higher option. At the moment, I'm not 100% sure I made best desigion choosing X01 instead of XN1. So fare only ~10km are ridden with this handlebar, but in my opinion it's much better then Rental 605

I have s very similar aftermarket bar plus riser on mine, still have the original bars in the shed, doubt I'll ever go back to standard, the lower and wider bars make steering so much better and look great. Onlt hassle is the access to front compression dampers  on the top are harder to get to.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk