News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

Cool, thought I recognised it.  I like that area, up sunshine coast way.  16 - 24 in winter, gotta be good for ya!
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Im also starting to like Sunny Coast. Taking a while but nearly 40 yrs now.

Notty

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 09 June  2019, 06:44 AM
I wouldn't have thought you'd run up enough miles to warrant a change Notty, or was it because the filter got rusty?
I have done 750 miles since last change !! High mileage needs more oil changes  :rofl2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

KiwiCol

Quote from: Notty on Sunday, 09 June  2019, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't have thought you'd run up enough miles to warrant a change Notty, or was it because the filter got rusty?
I have done 750 miles since last change !! High mileage needs more oil changes  :rofl2:
Hooli does that before lunch on a good day . . .    He might like your 'old' oil too, there'd still be plenty left in it.

GSXKING

From Cloverlea Restaurant at Mt.Glorious Saturday around Midday. It was about 16 deg I was wearing my summer gloves with heated grips on setting 1 on my RT  :onya:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Hooli

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 09 June  2019, 06:28 PM
Quote from: Notty on Sunday, 09 June  2019, 06:24 PM
Hooli does that before lunch on a good day . . .    He might like your 'old' oil too, there'd still be plenty left in it.

Don't exaggerate, it'd be before afternoon tea.

gsxbarmy

Fitted my MRA Vario VSA Type C Deflector screen to my Explorer. Was going to try it out, but then the heavens opened again here, so job for tomorrow instead.

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

KiwiCol

Looks good Dave, there's still room to put a wiper on too . . . :whistling: 

I brought one of the same things to put on my screen, while it did assist in flowing the air higher it still didn't clear my head, so was still getting a lot of noise & buffeting on the helmet. Ended up taking it off & cutting the screen down, so the wind blast isn't directed at the head any more.  Hope yours works out for you, it's on a higher screen to begin with, so reckon it will.

Hooli

A couple of people had them last week in Germany Barmy.

They used them to direct the air at their visor when it rained as it kept it a lot clearer.

Icebreaker

Fitted front and rear sprockets 18/43 and New chain. :clapping:
Shake'n bake

seth

@Icebreaker
Just careful of your Speedo being out by changing the gearing .
It should pick up very nicely tho  :onya:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 13 June  2019, 03:58 AM
A couple of people had them last week in Germany Barmy.

They used them to direct the air at their visor when it rained as it kept it a lot clearer.

That's what I'm hoping Andy, just need to get it adjusted correctly - away this weekend down to Prescott (near Cheltenham) so will get a chance to give it a good try out.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Sweaty

After seeing someone recommend this product. I went to Bunnings and picked some up for $18 to try on my collector.
Great results with minimal effort. I did have to rub, not just wipe it on to get the result on the collector, but still so easy & only needs a wipe on for normal tarnishing on the header pipes etc.
See for yourself

KiwiCol

The shine came up ok for minimal work, nice.  What's that hanging down where your sump plug oughta be?  Some sort of quick drain valve I'd guess, but not seen 1 like that before.

Sweaty

Yeah Col, It's a Fumoto drain with the plastic safety/locking clip in place.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk