News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Have a volt meter on mine, runs exact same figures.

Masterbates

Fitted a set of bar end mirrors similar to what @froudy has.  Liking the look, but I would like it if the mirrors had the same viewing angle as the OEMs at least. 

froudy

@Masterbates

I just adjusted them until they gave me a good rear view when riding. If I'm in the middle lane on the motorway I have a good view of what's behind me in the left and right lanes.
The only problem I get is that the carbon knuckle protectors on my Winter gloves can sometime move the mirrors a bit..I just tap them back into place :onya:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Red Biker

Quote from: Masterbates on Friday, 24 May  2019, 10:01 PM
Fitted a set of bar end mirrors similar to what @froudy has.  Liking the look, but I would like it if the mirrors had the same viewing angle as the OEMs at least.

I've recently fitted the same bar ends master and IMO they offer a much improved field of vision and look great as well so win win for me  :onya:
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Blubber

I have got the same on my bike
First I had them like you guys but got tired of seeing my elbows so I mounted them hanging.

Works for me
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Masterbates

@froudy I took them out this morning for a quick run, my gloves kept hitting the bottom of the mirrors, so I have turned them outward for now.  The view is not terrible, it is just very much like looking down a tunnel.  I'll be keeping them on for the time being as I do like the look.
I'm also thinking of getting my bar ends cleaned up and machined down so the mirrors will mount on them instead of the piddly aluminum attachment they came with.  I'm not sure if my bars are standard but the mount for the bar end weight is actually tack welded in place.  I felt a little bit tingly after my morning ride so I figure the extra weight will help. 

@Blubber I thought of setting them up hanging but found they would hit the tank when moving around my driveway, which is rather tight and involves a full lock three point turn to either get into or out of the garage.

@Red Biker did you get yours off ebay too?  If they were a little bit convex then they would be perfect.

GSXKING

With EBAY it's more about cost. The more you pay the better the product. I purchased S3 Mirrors from a guy in Victoria, Australia. They look and feel like they came from Triumph Factory. $200 AU for the pair.  :worshippy:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

Have quite a few sets of those bar end mirrors. Work perfectly for me. Only had one bad one, flaw in glass, email and sent me a free pair. Never noticed any extra vibration from lighter weights. Not about price for me, happy with their results. $12 to $18 ive paid. Scratched a couple on wall etc.

Hooli

seth

Use them like cats whiskers if they fit then rest of the bike will even with luggage on it .
:onya:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Masterbates

I quite like them pointing outwards.  I would rather tap mirrors then handle bars, plus I am pretty cautious with filtering, if the mirrors made the difference between fitting and not fitting. I would probably just wait.

Hooli

Quote from: seth on Saturday, 25 May  2019, 08:57 PM
Use them like cats whiskers if they fit then rest of the bike will even with luggage on it .
:onya:

I use my knees for that, on the rare occasions I've got the panniers on.

Red Biker

Quote from: Masterbates on Saturday, 25 May  2019, 04:58 PM
@froudy I took them out this morning for a quick run, my gloves kept hitting the bottom of the mirrors, so I have turned them outward for now.  The view is not terrible, it is just very much like looking down a tunnel.  I'll be keeping them on for the time being as I do like the look.
I'm also thinking of getting my bar ends cleaned up and machined down so the mirrors will mount on them instead of the piddly aluminum attachment they came with.  I'm not sure if my bars are standard but the mount for the bar end weight is actually tack welded in place.  I felt a little bit tingly after my morning ride so I figure the extra weight will help. 

@Blubber I thought of setting them up hanging but found they would hit the tank when moving around my driveway, which is rather tight and involves a full lock three point turn to either get into or out of the garage.

@Red Biker did you get yours off ebay too?  If they were a little bit convex then they would be perfect.

In the words of Golum , 'yes master' may have been 'wish'.
I did also have to then buy the internal adaptors from Bikemart
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Tally

These are my bar end mirrors by rizomo, very good quality.

Masterbates

Lots of good looking bikes, after a week or so with the bar end mirrors I am pretty happy with them to be honest. 
@Tally where did you score that headlight from,  looks rather modern doesn't it?  :imrgreen:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk