News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

Quote from: erbas on Monday, 20 May  2019, 10:48 PM
Quote from: Hooli on Sunday, 19 May  2019, 01:31 AM
I sorted my snapped bolt in the front caliper, just for Barmy I fitted one with a different head at the end of the job. Although that being the only M4 bolt I had might have had a bearing on it too.

I'm glad I've got a pillar drill, it makes life so much easier when fixing this sort of thing.

Not sure why any effort is spent on this caliper. We can even see the dust seal of the middle cylinder.

Too much torque on the pad pin?

Because it still works fine so why change it? That bit broke off years ago when I was doing the pad pin up, but as I was just spinning the driver by hand & hadn't attached the rachet yet I put it down to the crappy cheese suzuki made these calipers out of.

If it was dangerous I'd sort it, but it causes no issues so I'm not bothered.

Hooli

Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 21 May  2019, 05:51 AM
Quote from: shanered6 on Tuesday, 21 May  2019, 04:10 AM
Ye Hooli is big on anti theft .... which is why he has never had anythink stolen off his bike  :whistling:
Indeed, I heard he actually gets donations left beside it when it's parked up & sometimes even a bottle of wash liquid.  :happy1:

Unfortunately the only 'donations' I've ever found have been left by birds of the feathered variety.

GSXKING

Dare I ask to see a photo of the bike in it's entirety  :whatever: :whatever:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

seth

Hooli's bike
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

horse

Got the old girl back together today after a bit of painting (never liked the tail decal) and the word Suzuki is in multiple locations , on that ,mines an 08 with the script instead of the S on the tank ,has it been retrofitted as I have only seen the script on the early models?? Any way gave her a bath and a blow dry and all is right with the world (mine anyway)

Have a good one
Horse,
Change is easy improvement somewhat more difficult :Dr Porsche

Red Biker

Now that's a proper colour horse
none of that tarts hanbag B&W nonsense  :clapping:
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

horse

I thought the other colours were the ones left over and they threw them out cheaper to get rid of them, that's the only reason to have them?? Surely!!
Horse,

Eric GSX1400K3

Black does look good.  I like the custom lower triple clamp across the front hugger.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

horse

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Tuesday, 21 May  2019, 11:23 PM
Black does look good.  I like the custom lower triple clamp across the front hugger.

[/Hi Eric just a std fork brace not sure it does much ,was on there when I bought itquote]
Horse,

Hooli

Mine was a bit down on power last weekend & felt like the fuel filters were blocking again. So tonight I whipped the tank off and cleaned the fuel filters. For the first time ever I had bits of rust in the teabag, I'll have to inspect the tank properly over winter....

Nearly a full can of brake cleaner (I'd run out of carb cleaner) later the high pressure filter was washing out clean not brown & is much easier to blow though. With it all back together the pump sounded much happier & faster priming, it was also silent with the engine running which is always a good sign.

Hopefully that's fixed for a bit.

Notty

Took mrs Notty out for lunch in Crickhowell as it was our anniversary of 45 years - Saw this GS 750 in a garage along with some Hardleys - pic not good through the window sorry  but looked in great condition  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

froudy

That's a lovely looking GS750..I think I know the garage you're talking about in Crickhowell @Notty  :onya:

I fitted a set of engine protection bars I got from Steve Taz Russell. They're genuine Suzuki bars and they actually look very good...
Unlike some of the aftermarket items being sold. Worth spending £50 to save damaging those very thin and expensive engine cases!!
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

SheepDog

Installed a mini Voltage meter just to the right of the ignition under the dials.

Seems to work pretty well. I attached it to the unused parking light connector within the front headlight compartment. Crimped some spade connectors to the wires and trimmed the size of the spade to fit into the connector and bingo  :onya:

With ignition on: 12.4V
Bike idling: 14.3V
Out and about riding: 13.7V

I checked the battery with a multi meter while idling and it showed 14.4 to 14.5V. Makes a little sense as my reference connection is not directly on the battery AND the connection I use is off the parking lights which are drawing some current (rear one's are 5 watts) thus giving me a voltage drop reading. I revved the bike at idle to 3000 rpms and voltage didn't vary a great deal so regulators good.

It's just nice to visualize these voltages and take the guess work out about the battery/regulator/charging system.
A good addition/mod. Cost me $15 on flea-bay and it's a white LED (sorry guys, can't handle the red, or green, or blue LED ones).  :cheers:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk