News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

I sorted my snapped bolt in the front caliper, just for Barmy I fitted one with a different head at the end of the job. Although that being the only M4 bolt I had might have had a bearing on it too.

I'm glad I've got a pillar drill, it makes life so much easier when fixing this sort of thing.

gsxbarmy

So that's 2 shiny bolts now Andy - whole bike will be refurbished by 2021 at this rate  :lol:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Sorry Barmy but I finally cut down a proper dark bolt for the rear caliper & put that in too.

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Andre

Notty

Fitted new Hel rear braided line  :) I know for you guys its simple stuff but for me its a real achievement and I couldn't have done it without this forum - thank you  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

seth

Dont worry @Notty
everyday a school day we all are learning new stuff all the time
:onya:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

Quote from: GSXKING on Sunday, 19 May  2019, 11:28 AM
Is all that muck on the caliper brake dust ?  :whatever: :whatever:

It's a stealth & anti-theft coating created by wearing brake pads during use...

TBH that's quite clean for my calipers.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Sunday, 19 May  2019, 03:38 AM
Sorry Barmy but I finally cut down a proper dark bolt for the rear caliper & put that in too.

No apologies Andy, like to see you keeping it original buddy  :lol:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

grog

As long as they work Mate, Wish i have two 14, one to keep clean and other to just not care about, just ride like you do. Unfortunately im not into not perfectly clean, born a bloody Virgo, annoys me sometimes. Annoys most people who know me.

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

erbas

Quote from: Hooli on Sunday, 19 May  2019, 01:31 AM
I sorted my snapped bolt in the front caliper, just for Barmy I fitted one with a different head at the end of the job. Although that being the only M4 bolt I had might have had a bearing on it too.

I'm glad I've got a pillar drill, it makes life so much easier when fixing this sort of thing.

Not sure why any effort is spent on this caliper. We can even see the dust seal of the middle cylinder.

Too much torque on the pad pin?

14K3, RP02,PC43, 2J4, SC54, W201, W124

Andre

It's a unique identification mark that will help Hooli to recover it in case someone stole it and tries to sell it on fleabay.

I missed that one as I tend to not look at things that may make me suffer a stroke.

shanered6

Ye Hooli is big on anti theft .... which is why he has never had anythink stolen off his bike  :whistling:
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

KiwiCol

Quote from: shanered6 on Tuesday, 21 May  2019, 04:10 AM
Ye Hooli is big on anti theft .... which is why he has never had anythink stolen off his bike  :whistling:
Indeed, I heard he actually gets donations left beside it when it's parked up & sometimes even a bottle of wash liquid.  :happy1:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk