Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

This morning had dentist. Apparently piece of food bone had lodged in my gum, infected. Severe pain to get it out but the 1 hour ride home, pure agony, one of my worst rides ever. Hard to concentrate with a face full of pain. Lucky i was, Kombi in lane next to me swerved to miss pushbikes, straight at me. 14 can turn at right angles, believe me.

Hooli

Cheers Col,

I'm not particularity fast myself, but when the sides wear off the front tyre almost as quick as I use a rear tyre up there is something wrong. That never used to happen when I rode faster...

I can't find a mechanical reason, so I'm hoping it the tyres not suiting the bike.

Kiwifruit

Had a great ride to Taupo with the missus looking at the beautiful autumn colours.
The bike seems to ride better than ever as its about to tick over 70,000kms.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

GSXKING

Just about run in then Col, should start to improve from now onwards  :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Hooli

Quote from: GSXKING on Sunday, 12 May  2019, 11:55 AM
Just about run in then Col, should start to improve from now onwards  :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

You're about right! I swear mine freed up and got faster after about 30-40k miles.

GSXKING

The tolerances these bikes motors were made to are a testament to the bikes longevity  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :notworthy: :notworthy:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Blubber

Installed a replacement oil cooler from Aaron Radiators.

The original one started leaking
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

northern

Went to have cup of hot chocolate...
~270km

Beaker

Took the Beemer out around Rathdowney & Boonah to get a little more used to it - awesome bike to ride - very different to the 1400!

northern

Quote from: Beaker on Monday, 13 May  2019, 07:31 AM
Beemer - awesome bike to ride - very different to the 1400!

I'm peaty sure, next bike I will have (next to 14) will be BMW. K1600 or big GS.
K1600 is ultimate cruiser, but GS can easily go further when pavement ends... Hard choice :confused1:

KiwiCol

Quote from: northern on Monday, 13 May  2019, 07:38 AM
Quote from: Beaker on Monday, 13 May  2019, 07:31 AM
Beemer - awesome bike to ride - very different to the 1400!

I'm peaty sure, next bike I will have (next to 14) will be BMW. K1600 or big GS.
K1600 is ultimate cruiser, but GS can easily go further when pavement ends... Hard choice :confused1:
The GS will for sure go further, but, you gotta have the right tyres for off road.  Just ask my brother how a Trumpet 1050 Explorer goes with regular road tyres in the dirt & gravel.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

stick3

rode to supercheap the long way around newy to get bendix brake cleaner 3 cans for 10 bucks and check the clutch after i flushed it couple  days ago

KiwiCol

Quote from: stick3 on Monday, 13 May  2019, 02:40 PM
rode to supercheap the long way around newy to get bendix brake cleaner 3 cans for 10 bucks and check the clutch after i flushed it couple  days ago
Nice, how was the throttle? did it require a bit of loosening enroute? :devil:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Beaker

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 13 May  2019, 02:31 PM
Quote from: northern on Monday, 13 May  2019, 07:38 AM
The GS will for sure go further, but, you gotta have the right tyres for off road.  Just ask my brother how a Trumpet 1050 Explorer goes with regular road tyres in the dirt & gravel.
Yep - need to fit correct tyres - first ride on dirt and this is what happened through a little bit of mud....

stick3

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 13 May  2019, 02:55 PM
Quote from: stick3 on Monday, 13 May  2019, 02:40 PM
Nice, how was the throttle? did it require a bit of loosening enroute? :devil:
of course col play with the traffic bit of filtering  0/60 from the lights

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk