News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

That's about as long as mine gets so it's easy to ignore.

In other news I had to replace the original tail light bulb too, damn thing has only lasted since before 2007. Poss right back to 2001 as it was a Jap looking make.

I've also found two black bolts for the brakes with the 'built in washer style' wider head, so they'll go in at some point. I think I need to trim 1/4" off the end of them though so they don't touch the discs.

sioux zookeeper

afternoon guys,well this a.m. me chucked on t' textile panniers for the weekly arduous trek to the 3 mile away shop(tho' i can get the bike(with no rememberable name) into top gear and do 50 m.p.h. on the bypass)an then it chucked it down,with bits in,si me wd40(trademark) me sticky ignition barrel an' covered it back up.Here's awaiting a 6 whole mile round trip on the morrow!

KiwiCol

Took mine for a wee run yesterday afternoon & another one today.   :boogie:   Both of us had a few cobwebs that needed blowing away, suffice to say - mission accomplished & some!   :devil:  I'll not get a chance to be back on it for a while now, so have some maintenance bits I'm thinking of while she's laid up. 

You guys call it Sorned, we call it 'Rego on Hold'.  So legally, I'm not allowed to ride it till I get it registered again, that is unless it's a warm autumn evening with a gentle breeze, then it's allowed out again, just for that day though  . . . :whistling: :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Cobwebs here also Col, been raining forever. Riding will be a new adventure. They both start, ready to go.

Hooli

I got home this evening from three days in Pembrokeshire, South Wales (that's Old South Wales to our convict members).

755miles done, various beaches seen, flying boat museum visited (no real flying boats), Pendine Sands (numerous land speed records site) fishing villages visited and their pubs tested. I even found a 18" deep 'bike wash' so I rode though it, as you do.

I now need two more tyres...

Mrg

Looks a great time you had there and the weather held nice clean water on the beach , and a pint and crisps to go with it cool 😎 worth the tires mate  :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

Hooli

Oh yeah & while stopped for a call of nature on the way back a B/W K2 came past leading a ride out, they all parked up at Bala. Was it any of you lot?

grog

Today i met a lady with R1200 BMW. Amazing story i thought. She retired in 2004, rode on back of husband. He got dementure same year. She got bike same year. She decided to ride, visit husband in care unit to tell him road stories. . Now, 15 yrs later, bike looks like new, she understands bikes, couldve talked for hours, knows every model from 40s until now. Shes now 75, tiny little person whos got 219 th ks on BMW. Hope i can do similar until i cant.

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

cbrt

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 07 May  2019, 08:00 PM
Today i met a lady with R1200 BMW. Amazing story i thought. She retired in 2004, rode on back of husband. He got dementure same year. She got bike same year. She decided to ride, visit husband in care unit to tell him road stories. . Now, 15 yrs later, bike looks like new, she understands bikes, couldve talked for hours, knows every model from 40s until now. Shes now 75, tiny little person whos got 219 th ks on BMW. Hope i can do similar until i cant.

Love that mate - my dads struggling with his kettle, one of the many reasons i bought him a GT380 so at least he can still ride to some degree......
03 GSX-1400
15 RR Vogue
18 Nissan Navara

Hooli

Hooli

Time to open a can of worms...  :stir:

As I've not been happy with the wear & other issues on Michelins lately I've ordered Pirelli Angels to replace them, I've gone for a GT rear (180/55) & ST front to try & fix the understeer I get pushing on through bends.

I'll also be putting thicker fork oil in as I used to run that & didn't seem to suffer understeer back then. No silly comments on adjusting the damping please, it's a K2 that gets used so the compression adjusters seized about a decade ago.

KiwiCol

I'll be interested in how that goes Hooli. Firm (ish) rear with soft (ish) front?  More flex in sidewall = greater contact patch = more grip? More grip & more flex = hotter. Hotter = faster wear & more grip. n so forth until the tread melts off the casing . . . & Hooli is traveling at warp speed round 30mph corners.  :boogie:

You're right,  :stir: can of worms & lots to consider / evaluate in making the choice.  :cheers:

Hooli

I know a bloke who lives in the Alps & doesn't hang around at all, he swears by the same combination on various bikes he's got.

KiwiCol

I'd like to think I could do with tweaking my tyres, but the reality for me is, I don't need the extra performance gains that may be had.  The ones I have do me quite nicely, especially when new & I accept they will drop off performance as they wear down.

I don't have a particularly 'aggressive' riding style, sure I like to chuck it about it the twisties now & again, but the reality for me is most of my riding is straight up, so any 'gains' with you're new setup most probably would be wasted on me.  Hope they work for you though Hooli. :onya:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk