News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basil Brush

Just had the yearly MOT. No issues.

Customer looking at my 14. Thought it was two years old. And MOT not applicable. Mechanic said in for it's MOT. It's 15th MOT to be precise... :clapping:
He who laugh's last - laugh's last...

Mrg

had the new white bitch in for the mot and yes passed with no issues at all mot guy said its a very clean and great looking bike  made me smile inside of me
and went to my local town broadstairs and had a coffee parked up an old guy came up said its great to see old looking big bikes like this in amazing condition i thanked him  and said bye even his wife liked it  :happy1:    the bike lads   :onya:  so i am a happy bunny  no punt intended Easter lol
look check and look again  then you see the fool

KiwiCol

Good on ya MRG, it's very nice when strangers compliment your bike & it's condition.  Well done. :onya: :cheers:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

froudy

Bit of maintenance and cleaning today...Seven hour marathon with no breaks :imrgreen:

The Tokico 4 pots I fitted to the front need a seal kit after a full winter of riding. The two outer pistons on both calipers are partially seized...Bloody salt :furious:
The rear caliper was surprisingly ok. Chain got a good scrub with paraffin and relube before refitting it.
I finally bit the bullet and forked out £55 for a new gear lever too as the bushes were worn and it was flopping about all over the place. I'll get the old one re bushed and keep it as a spare.
No cracks on the swing arm which was good. I found conflicting info on refitting the frame cup spacer when refitting the swing arm. I've always had it on the right side of the frame. The exploded diagram on Robinsons shows it on the left!!.I refitted it to the right side as per the Suzuki manual.

Using the wooden wedge method for the first time to remove and refit rear wheel..Makes it a so easy to do on your own :onya:

More cleaning and polishing tomorrow :cool:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Andre

Yuck, purple again :rolleyes:

Actually I do like purple but not on a bike (unless it's a girly one).

froudy

Quote from: Andre on Friday, 19 April  2019, 09:03 AM
Yuck, purple again :rolleyes:

Actually I do like purple but not on a bike (unless it's a girly one).

Me too..But these Hyper-Pro bouncy bits are far superior to the Mr Suzuki red ones :imrgreen:

I suppose I could get them powder coated red just to keep you happy Andre :whatever:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

grog

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Basil Brush on Tuesday, 16 April  2019, 09:54 PM
Just had the yearly MOT. No issues.

Customer looking at my 14. Thought it was two years old. And MOT not applicable. Mechanic said in for it's MOT. It's 15th MOT to be precise... :clapping:

My GSX1400 is 11 years old.

It's had 11 years of use,
It's had 1 MOT.
(a mate came around my house and did it).

All completely legal.
:ausflag:

northern

Washed, waxed, blacked and ride it  :)

First time in 2019. Little bit late, but enjoyed every second!

Red Biker

Took this photo when I was having a blast around last week, the shiny stanchions upset me so much Ive finally booked in with Brooks to get them nitrade coated in Black!

Think I have issues  :cry2:
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

KiwiCol

Maate, we're going to have to change your name to Black Biker!  If those stanchions upset you enough to get them black, you know you're going to have to do the last shiny bit as well, the reflector in the headlight - just way too bright!

When I opened this page, just saw a completely black bike, couldn't even tell what it was at first glance, them immediately thought it's gotta be Reds.   Seen a lot of completely black hardlys, sure you're not a closet hardly rider?  :whistling: :stir:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Red Biker

Black Biker did cross my mind Col but thought it may confuse people :facepalm:

You'll be pleased to know I already have smoked film for the headlight :hat:

At certain angle's you can also see a stainless header bolt which will need to be addressed  :whistling:

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Notty

Quote from: Red Biker on Sunday, 21 April  2019, 06:10 PM
Black Biker did cross my mind Col but thought it may cofuse people :facepalm:

You'll be pleased to know I already have smoked film for the headlight :hat:

At certain angle's you can also see a stainless header bolt which will need to be addressed  :whistling:
the PC police would arrest you if you used "Black biker" - Blue and White biker will be ok !!  :rofl2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

grog

Red, is yours the front bike or one at rear in front of wall.  :laugh:

Mrg

look check and look again  then you see the fool

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk