News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froudy

Quote from: Mrg on Sunday, 14 April  2019, 04:07 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could have to wait a f long time for that credit kiwi lol 😂

The way things are shaping up ref the "B" word, it could be a very very long time :rofl2:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Hooli

I must be getting old, I've finally caved in & bought a heated vest for riding my 14. I got a Keis X10 as they are on offer at sportsbikeshop for £95.

It arrives tomorrow so it'll be wired up & ready for next weekend, I'll let you know how it goes.

seth

@Hooli
Emma had the same heated vest for a while.
Its got a 3 setting control and works very well.
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

SheepDog

Quote from: seth on Monday, 15 April  2019, 12:35 AM
@Hooli
Emma had the same heated vest for a while.
Its got a 3 setting control and works very well.
:cheers:

My wife must be wearing one of these also because she comes with three settings, depending on which one of her buttons I press!  :cheers:

Eric GSX1400K3

Fitted my Stedi LED 7inch headlight, waterfall led indicators and led flasher relay, gave it a wash and dry, went for a ride after rebuilding the front forks.....life is good.

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

KiwiCol

Good job Eric, hop those indicators are bright, cause they're very small.  Looks smart.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 15 April  2019, 03:09 PM
Good job Eric, hop those indicators are bright, cause they're very small.  Looks smart.

I'll try to get a pic/vid of them on, definitely bright enough , brighter than the std filament globes IMHO.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

KiwiCol

Mick_J

Took the 14 for it's MOT this morning, passed straight through, legal for another year.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Kiwifruit

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 15 April  2019, 12:18 AM
I must be getting old, I've finally caved in & bought a heated vest for riding my 14. I got a Keis X10 as they are on offer at sportsbikeshop for £95.

It arrives tomorrow so it'll be wired up & ready for next weekend, I'll let you know how it goes.

C'mon Hooli you can tell the group the heater in the Jags packed up hasn't  it  :stir:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Monday, 15 April  2019, 06:55 PM
Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 15 April  2019, 12:18 AM

C'mon Hooli you can tell the group the heater in the Jags packed up hasn't  it  :stir:

Certainly not old bean, one's Jag doesn't fail to function as intended when maintained correctly.

KiwiCol

Thought they were famous for having gremlins built into the wiring loom?  or that just the earlier versions?

Hooli

XJ40s were worst for that, but they only required a rebuild of the fuseboxes to sort it.

Hooli

Anyway bikes...

After a mere decade of saying I'd do it I finally fitted a relay fed ignition switched aux feed on my 14 today. I also added a small ebay box that provides two USB power points, this runs off the switched feed along with the heated grips and power lead for my new heated vest.

If I haven't mentioned it before the heated vest is a Keis X10 as the sportsbikeshop have them on offer for just* £95 currently with a free controller. Without the controller they just run at max, it gives three settings which should be handy. Max current drain is about 1.8amp so not much of a load on the bike & I've heard lots of good things about them. If I turn into an utter wuss it's possible to daisy chain trousers, gloves & insoles etc all off it. Watch it get really warm now so I can't test it for six months...

It took a bit of faffing to find somewhere to put the relay without needing to take the tank off, but it tucked neatly under the corner of the tank in the end. I already had a switched feed out of the fusebox identified as that's what the heated grips had run off for the last 11 years, so it was just a case of making it all fit in neatish.

The fag lighter in the pics is still direct off the battery. It might be handy as a backup supply etc if this lot plays up.

gsxbarmy

Took the Trumpet out for another 200 mile run around some nice twisty quiet country lanes - had a great time for for the first 2.5 hours, then the hay fever kicked in...booooooo - getting to THAT time of year again when the rape seed oil plants are all in flower.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk