News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

Hooli

I took my 14 for a MOT today without remembering to do anything except clean the number plate first.

It failed as it needs rear pads  :doh: worst thing is I'd cleaned up the fronts due to a slightly sticky piston on friday & forgot to check the rears :facepalm:

Oh well, they are ordered from Wemoto now, so it'll get sorted by the end of the week. The el'cheapo pads from Wemoto are great, they out last & out brake (in all weathers) the EBC & other better* makes I've tried.

Red Biker

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 19 March  2019, 02:53 AM
I took my 14 for a MOT today without remembering to do anything except clean the number plate first.

It failed as it needs rear pads  :doh: worst thing is I'd cleaned up the fronts due to a slightly sticky piston on friday & forgot to check the rears :facepalm:

Oh well, they are ordered from Wemoto now, so it'll get sorted by the end of the week. The el'cheapo pads from Wemoto are great, they out last & out brake (in all weathers) the EBC & other better* makes I've tried.

I remember that 'wind' burnt fisogue due to the open face helmut from the Sottish trip last year!
Heil Hydra  :salute:
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

seth

Took the red/black k5 for its mot passed with flying colours .
Ready for the Netherlands in a few weeks if I don't get my finger out and get the blue/white k6 back on the road in time  :doh: :facepalm:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Mrg

Did my end cans and fitted them as well as the oil breather , next is the new indicators that have day time running lights at the top and normal indicators yellow at the bottom I will post pics off them tomorrow guys
:onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

Hooli

Your dog looks unimpressed  :stir:

I took my 14 back to get it retested this morning. It seems they prefer it with pads that aren't worn out & it's all good for the year.

Mrg

hooli she is like that because i sacked her ,, told her to get a polish wrag and polish the bike with her tail ... and thats what i got her sat there pretending not to have heard me lol

Hooli

Hooli

I washed mine yesterday to celebrate spring & then took for the MOT retest this morning, which it passed of course. So the obvious thing to do next was to go out for a bit & check washing it hadn't broken anything...

Will14

Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 22 March  2019, 06:36 AM
I washed mine yesterday to celebrate spring & then took for the MOT retest this morning, which it passed of course. So the obvious thing to do next was to go out for a bit & check washing it hadn't broken anything...

Despite the miles covered and age she still scrubs up well Hooli, I purchased one of the same year and model last year but with a lot less miles, yours gives me confidence that there is life in the old girl yet!

Cheers

Pete

Hooli

Quote from: Will14 on Friday, 22 March  2019, 06:50 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 22 March  2019, 06:36 AM

Despite the miles covered and age she still scrubs up well Hooli, I purchased one of the same year and model last year but with a lot less miles, yours gives me confidence that there is life in the old girl yet!

Cheers

Pete

Do you mind? it's taken me over a decade of neglect to get it that bad!

TBH, apart from the fork lowers, engine covers & rear shocks most of it is pretty good. The only other bit that looks bad is the rear wheel, but that's due to a leaking bleed nipple throwing brake fluid over it years ago which wrecked the paint before I noticed.

black14

Do they pass MOT with no chain guard in UK?
Fail for Roadworthy in Vic...
:stir:
I plan on living forever - so far, so good!

Mrg

Naaaaaa you only have them in aus to stop the chain falling off you being up side down and all 😂   :stir:

Kiwifruit

Is that your new Jag you parked in front of Hooli  :whistling:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

Quote from: black14 on Friday, 22 March  2019, 09:16 AM
Do they pass MOT with no chain guard in UK?
Fail for Roadworthy in Vic...
:stir:

Mine has done for years since it fell off. I think the rules say it has to be secure, but not that it must be there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk