News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Notty

Put on Gold Renthals ( 754 road Bike Low ), new clutch switch, oil runway bungs, cleaned and lubed chain - started the bike, first time since end October and all is well. Del has finished refurbishing my front  callipers so Happy Days !  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

I did 130miles around the Peak District avoiding idiots who can't remember how to ride bikes. I found a nice pub (Watts Russell Arms) that sells decent local beer & then came home on as many narrow back roads as possible.

Mick_J

Cleaned out the drive sprocket housing of grease and stones, oiled the chain and then went for a decent ride yesterday into wales, fog on the bridge was very bad with viz being down to 100 yards or so, cars still flying by at 70  :furious:, cleared once past Chepstow.  Got to Monmouth and the fog came in again so had to stop, visor and glasses fogged up so bad could not see 25 yards.  After a coffee it was off to Abergavenny, was passed by a chap on  modified BMW with just some exhaust shaped tubes pocking out the back so followed him for a while just to have a listen, he was throwing it around on what seemed like a push bike rear tyre.  After a stop and a chat to some other bikers at the bus stop in Abergavenny I took to the A40 to Brecon and picked up the A470 towards Cardiff then turned off towards Newport.  From there I went back up to Chepstow and over the now clear bridge and back home, a great day and quite warm considering it still February.

Notty

Quote from: mjgt on Monday, 25 February  2019, 07:37 PM
Cleaned out the drive sprocket housing of grease and stones, oiled the chain and then went for a decent ride yesterday into wales, fog on the bridge was very bad with viz being down to 100 yards or so, cars still flying by at 70  :furious:, cleared once past Chepstow.  Got to Monmouth and the fog came in again so had to stop, visor and glasses fogged up so bad could not see 25 yards.  After a coffee it was off to Abergavenny, was passed by a chap on  modified BMW with just some exhaust shaped tubes pocking out the back so followed him for a while just to have a listen, he was throwing it around on what seemed like a push bike rear tyre.  After a stop and a chat to some other bikers at the bus stop in Abergavenny I took to the A40 to Brecon and picked up the A470 towards Cardiff then turned off towards Newport.  From there I went back up to Chepstow and over the now clear bridge and back home, a great day and quite warm considering it still February.
An Englishman coming to Wales the day after they lost the rugby ! very brave Mick . There is a great route from Caerleon onto Usk then Abergavenny and Brecon  :)
@mjgt

Mick_J

Quote from: Notty on Monday, 25 February  2019, 07:57 PM
An Englishman coming to Wales the day after they lost the rugby ! very brave Mick . There is a great route from Caerleon onto Usk then Abergavenny and Brecon  :)
@mjgt

Well that leaves me out, my mother is a welsh speaking taffy and my dad was an Orangeman, I was born in Belfast.

Notty

Quote from: mjgt on Monday, 25 February  2019, 07:59 PM
Quote from: Notty on Monday, 25 February  2019, 07:57 PM
@mjgt

Well that leaves me out, my mother is a welsh speaking taffy and my dad was an Orangeman, I was born in Belfast.
So are you doing missionary work in England?  :)

Mick_J

Yes mate, and sometimes I feel the natives are just not up to it.

ErikJ

Hooli

Quote from: Notty on Monday, 25 February  2019, 08:12 PM
So are you doing missionary work in England?  :)

I tell people I'm doing missionary work 'oop norf' to teach them to be English when I feel like annoying them....

Hooli

I can haz did a rideout today as it was sunny and I was bored.

230miles that included Seaways cafe, Fridaythorpe, Whitby, up to Saltburn and back down the moors via Fryup Dale Head (yes it exists!).

The view down to Whitby.

At Whitby.

Postman Pat land near Fryup.

Looking the other way.

Looking back at Fryup Dale Head.

Oh & this happened on the way back.

KiwiCol

Nice countryside Hooli & empty roads.  Great.  I wouldn't be too keen on that wee goat track in 2nd to last pic. Narrow & no runoff if there's a car coming the other way.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Globalrider

I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

black14

Went for a lap out to Yarck via Chum Creek,  Kinglake,  Glenburn,  Strath Creek, Ghin Ghin, and Caveat.
Pic at the Goulburn River bridge at Ghin Ghin.
I plan on living forever - so far, so good!

Hooli

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 10 March  2019, 09:37 AM
Nice countryside Hooli & empty roads.  Great.  I wouldn't be too keen on that wee goat track in 2nd to last pic. Narrow & no runoff if there's a car coming the other way.

I didn't see any cars at all down there & besides it was wider than an earlier bit that had a solid 18" wide line of grass down the middle!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk