Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Quote from: Hooli on Saturday, 16 February  2019, 11:56 PM
Well I can see where I'm going, which is impossible with the normal bulb.

So an improvement then.........?
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Mrg

Hi Holli  yes it's a tight fit in the lamp unit but it works well I did put it on here how to fit and there are pic to follow it through the fitting  this  hid unit wasn't to big and I've never had it go to hot mate  :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

Hooli

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Sunday, 17 February  2019, 05:09 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Saturday, 16 February  2019, 11:56 PM
Well I can see where I'm going, which is impossible with the normal bulb.

So an improvement then.........?

Yup, I'd never go back given the choice.

Tony Nitrous

Found my huge ugly 52ltr top box and all the bits to fit it.
Haven't used it in ages. Was covered in dust, ants and spiders.
Might use the bike for work for a few days.

Kiwifruit

Cleaned my fuel filters today. Tea bag was not too bad at all.
Something l noticed was the two screws holding the pump in are different lengths. So the earth wire has the longer screw.
Don't put fittings with 'O' rings back together dry, moisten with engine oil.

KiwiCol

May as well do the welding wire mod round the pressure cap whilst you're in there Col.

http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=1610.0
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Have put it all back together Col. Will get some stainless wire and do it later. Pretty happy as the inside of the tank looks new and only a couple of specks of rust in the pump bowl.

Thank you to Barmy l think he put the how to do it info up on the site. Good work.
:cheers:

Hooli

I've always used a smear of red rubber grease on those O-rings.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 14 February  2019, 11:12 PM
Thanks, will know at the weekend when I finish it. Stripped the master cylinder tonight, slave cylinder tomorrow and then put it all back together Sat.
All went back together beautifully, I even managed to do the slave cylinder mod with the extra seal.i also changed the brake fluid at the same time, front and rear. The piston in the slave cylinder was not able to move through full stroke due to road grit and crud, cleaned everything and went for a ride.....what a difference, full clutch lever travel, no grabbing, just nice, easy shifts and smooth power delivery.  I was pretty happy until I noticed the front right fork staunchion had oil on it after my ride, I guess front fork oil seals are next...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

seth

Great you got if fixed
Fork seals are just as easy but use genuine Suzuki seals as they seam to be best.
Good luck . :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Kiwifruit

Put the rear wheel back in after having the puncture patched from the inside.
Changed the fluid in front and rear brakes today. Reglued the heated grips. Nice couple of jobs done.
Bikes looking sharp :onya:

bikerface

Currently in the process of rebuilding the back end after the swing-arm bearings failed, so thought I would get my seat redone by grizzly whilst the bikes is off the road.
So chuffed with the result!

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: bikerface on Wednesday, 20 February  2019, 09:05 PM
Currently in the process of rebuilding the back end after the swing-arm bearings failed, so thought I would get my seat redone by grizzly whilst the bikes is off the road.

Love that seat! Is that available on line? Or is it a UK custom job? I've got the standard seat still, could use another 50mm of foam to get the height I want.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

bikerface

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Wednesday, 20 February  2019, 11:46 PM
Quote from: bikerface on Wednesday, 20 February  2019, 09:05 PM

Love that seat! Is that available on line? Or is it a UK custom job? I've got the standard seat still, could use another 50mm of foam to get the height I want.

Its a custom job by a chap here in the UK

Kiwifruit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk