News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

I promise to think of ya Stan, as I'm watching the electric reel wind in a nice Blue Cod or three. :drool:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

I walked past my 14, it's still there.

I might stick the battery charger on it and check the chain and tyres this long weekend.
It hasn't been out recently.

I've had offers to buy it or break it, but I'm in no rush, it will get used occasionally and  might be a project for my retirement.

"If" I get a new bike I might get a single seat cowl for the 14 and register it as a single seat bike and get the much cheaper road tax (CTP). 

grog

retirement project i reckon, make it unreal. ive been thinking on same thing, project. my rules are after its done. needs to be enjoyable to ride. id like a honda 750 or 650 yamaha, both ive owned, both were good, both would bring back early days. just early thoughts. 14 will be kept. i rode 650 yam 2 th ks in 2 days, 1975, no wonder i like them. muffler fell off, headlight globe blew, nothing else.

Hooli

I might finally get around to taking my rear wheel next door for the new tyre that's waiting there.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Friday, 25 January  2019, 07:45 PM
retirement project i reckon, make it unreal. ive been thinking on same thing, project. my rules are after its done. needs to be enjoyable to ride. id like a honda 750 or 650 yamaha, both ive owned, both were good, both would bring back early days. just early thoughts. 14 will be kept. i rode 650 yam 2 th ks in 2 days, 1975, no wonder i like them. muffler fell off, headlight globe blew, nothing else.

Even though my 14 is rough as guts, it go's OK.
I don't mind this.

What really lets it down to be a "nice" 14 would be it's cosmetics.
It's all bolt of stuff, tank, clocks, headlight. Not hard, just not cheap.

The motor just needs its noisey 3rd gear fixing.

Maybe I will tidy it up one day if I get another comfy bike that's good for pillions and luggage and has a decent tank range.

Granty

Had a busy day in the garage today. Fitted EBC brake pads all round. Fitted new Regina chain and both sprockets. Fitted an Ermax belly pan. Oil and filter change. Air filter change. Tomorrow I plan to fit heated grips, fit a cut under tray with and ermax under tray over it and led indicators.
GSX1400K6, TRIUMPH TIGER 1050

Globalrider

So Granty - I'm looking to fit a new chain and rockets - what made you go with Vaginas!
:hat:
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

grog

Global, can of worms, chain n tyres. Regina a reputable brand. Value for money, if not the best, i like EK. JT sprockets i like, also read their chain is good. EK make very high tensile strength chain. $100 EK i fitted just to last until sprockets wore out, now 15 th and not even adjusted. Just an O ring, very impressed. Cleanliness and gear oil the secret.

Granty

I went with a Regina o ring chain because a mate of mine who has a K5 fitted one and after adjusting it after about 200 miles he hasnt had to adjust it since and he rides hard, always up on the back wheel. Hes now done 15000 miles on it and it is still in good nick. I fitted it with JT sprockets as they come recommended as well.
GSX1400K6, TRIUMPH TIGER 1050

Hooli

I took mine out for a 'gentle' 60miles or so to scrub the new rear tyre in. It was a bit nippy in the wind but good to be out anyway.

I think I need to strip & clean my calipers again though, the brakes didn't quite feel right & it didn't pass 140 the way it normally does, well I was chasing a CB1300 & couldn't let it get away...

Mick_J

I was out yesterday as well and I can confirm it was bloody cold, I only saw two other bikes though and one of them was a hardly.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Kiwifruit

Left the bike in the shade of the garage today. Too hot to be out on it.
Some of our roads are a bit cheap and are damn slippery when the tar gets too hot.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

KiwiCol

Adjusted the chain & lubed it.  (VMX80) Lubed the pivot points on the levers & foot rests & the rear brake. Checked the tire pressures & wound the rear up a notch.  Checked the oil level, yeah, fine - at the top but fine.  Good to go for another round now.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

stick3

took both cases off and removed the stator,  took them into hamilton chrome to get polished just make her look pretty for her upcoming 10th birthday  of ownership  :boogie:

MarkN

Removed the front mudguard and grab rail and dropped them off with my mate Steve for re-painting.
Replaced the "racing" fuel filler cap which was on the bike when I bought it with original one, which fortunately came with it.
Then I thought I'd start her up just to listen to her, wouldn't go :frustrated: Overnight charge for the battery it is then

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk