News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanered6

Washed the Guzzi and then prayed it with ACF50 ready for winter riding then gave the 14 a good clean and polish ready for its long sleep .
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

loxsmith

Removed the idiot warning sticker from the tank, no fingernails left now
Ordered a few missing bolts and DB Killer for the Scorpion can

Unpacked from the MCR10

LIFE'S GOOD
Live every day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right

Del

rode the shot out of it  -was a dry autumn morning cold charge and empty roads - Happy Days
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Hooli

Mine got an oil & filter change. I also fitted the cooling fan & tank rubber I got off Blubber along with rubbing down, rust treating & badly repainting the oil cooler lines. They look scruffy as the bolts didn't want to come undone so they got done in situ, but they aren't rotten now so I can ignore them for several more years.

Milts

Took the bike out for a road test today after replacing the right hand front brake disc (kindly donated by Mr Fishfinger  :onya:)

Cleaned front brake calipers and pistons, Bled front brakes through with fresh fluid.
Removed Garmin and flyscreen for now.

Have bought a rear jack-up kit and aim to fit that tomorrow, and refit the original silencers at the same time.

Gradually working through the to do list.   

seth

only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Mister Fishfinger

Quote from: Milts on Sunday, 18 November  2018, 03:55 AM

Took the bike out for a road test today after replacing the right hand front brake disc (kindly donated by Mr Fishfinger  :onya:)

How was it? Hopefully an improvement on the original, which was shot to bits in my non-professional opinion.

grog

Just changed Diavel back to touring mode. Still 162 bhp but softer throttle and a bit more traction control. Too jerky around town in sport mode. Will try tomorrow. Might change my mind with this setting but 14 is a much nicer bike to ride. Except brakes, those monoblocks are just awesome. I priced brackets, calipers etc to fit them to 14. Need a lotto win to do that.

Milts

Quote from: Mister Fishfinger on Sunday, 18 November  2018, 05:43 AM
Quote from: Milts on Sunday, 18 November  2018, 03:55 AM

How was it? Hopefully an improvement on the original, which was shot to bits in my non-professional opinion.

Sorry should of added braking is great, no issues thanks MFF.

Fitted rear risers and std exhaust silencers today... but need to sort clearance between centre stand stop and swing arm, before test riding.

One BIG plus is the ease to get the bike on it's centre stand! even Kylie could do it  :)

VladTepes

Well I replaced the rear indicators, given one was not working, and the other physically broken (thanks to a saddlebag hitting it on the MCR trip) and fitted rear LED tail/brake bulbs (thanks @gsxbarmy ).

Nice.

P.S. Removing the tail unit is a PITA.
Well technically that's not true. It would be easy enough if it weren't for the givi barwork for the topbox.
Those who have had to do so, will know exactly what I mean.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

froudy

Just been working on the bike outside. Good job it stayed dry!

Valve clearances checked as it's done nearly 50,000 miles now. I check them every 25,000. Still all well within tolerance.
K&N airfilter cleaned and re oiled.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Hooli

Careful with the cam cover bolts, the holes in the can journals strip really easy. I've had to helicoil one on mine when it stripped as I did the bolt up with just fingers!

froudy

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 19 November  2018, 11:53 PM
Careful with the cam cover bolts, the holes in the can journals strip really easy. I've had to helicoil one on mine when it stripped as I did the bolt up with just fingers!

I know..They're M7 and prone to stripping threads. I'm always very careful with them :onya:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

KiwiCol

Quote from: froudy on Tuesday, 20 November  2018, 12:11 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 19 November  2018, 11:53 PM

I know..They're M7 and prone to stripping threads. I'm always very careful with them :onya:
Good tip guys, thx
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk