Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froudy

I'm on the middle night shift at the mo, one more to go tonight. Minus two riding home yesterday morning. Hands toasty warm in my RST Thermotech gloves  :boogie:

ACF 50 highly recommended. I've been using it on my GSX for 6 winters now and its doing its stuff well. I bought a quart? Bottle and in all that time haven't even used half of it yet..A little goes a long way!
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

VladTepes

I booked mine in for a service, does that count as doing something 'to' it?
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Sweaty

sioux zookeeper

"well,had it booked in for lots of work(new bits),then,some work(re-plug in cower-pomander),then today ultimately,chickened out ,and rode home those oh-so long mile an' a half(more if there are roadworks!)home to'throw my legs in the air and wallow in my own crapulence'(to paraphrase(to drunk to remember)Mr Burns) and rejoice in my l  o  n  g  weekend(Yay!")May only be trip to the seaside(nearly 3 miles!)

Sweaty

grog

Sioux, great name, love it. Understanding your post just a bit difficult, other words, i have no idea of what you mean.

KiwiCol

Down 6-8 pints Grog, then it makes purfekt scense . . .
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

froudy

As the first of the Winter salt has just been put down on the roads, I'm just off outside to wash the bike down and give it a good dose of ACF50 as I'll be riding all Winter this year.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

grog

Today the 14 was ridden, makes me smile, just a great bike. Tonight ive re arranged so i can ride Diavel in morning. So used to 14, know how it works. Diavel is very different. Keyless start, have to do a few things im not completely confident with. Very strange not pulling clutch lever to start, guess we get used to things. Mate was opposite, couldnt believe you need to pull clutch in to start 14.  Wish me luck. Push this, Pull this, hope my old head remembers. Stuck in sport mode, full 162 bhp with traction control and ABS cancelled. Sounds good to me.  :clapping:

shanered6

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 01 November  2018, 07:47 PM
Today the 14 was ridden, makes me smile, just a great bike. Tonight ive re arranged so i can ride Diavel in morning. So used to 14, know how it works. Diavel is very different. Keyless start, have to do a few things im not completely confident with. Very strange not pulling clutch lever to start, guess we get used to things. Mate was opposite, couldnt believe you need to pull clutch in to start 14.  Wish me luck. Push this, Pull this, hope my old head remembers. Stuck in sport mode, full 162 bhp with traction control and ABS cancelled. Sounds good to me.  :clapping:

Sounds like a walk in the park ! ......  :stir: :whistling:
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

grog

Mate, no ABS or traction on 14, why use it? Early to bed, up early to try that Italian power. Im sure ill manage.

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

northern

MOT for my 14, and put it on hold, till spring.
Prefer to pass MOT in the end of the season, so I can start next spring, without any obligations.

Mister Fishfinger

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 01 November  2018, 08:41 PM
Mate, no ABS or traction on 14, why use it? Early to bed, up early to try that Italian power. Im sure ill manage.

Let us know what it's like, I would have a Diavel on my shopping list if I was looking for another bike.

grog

Fishy, didnt get out on Diavel, rain clouds threatning. have done a few ks on it previously. I really dont like instruments, gauges, just too hard to read. totally crap for a pillion. The rest is amazing. Sort of point and shoot. unreal power any revs, stops where you want. Sit right down in it. Servicing very owner friendly except re setting service light, ducati only software, 250 to buy tool. Tyres are expensive but the best. Rossos from memory. It has no faults, just unreal to ride but getting back on 14 it doesnt really feel inferior, just a bit looser in handling and brakes no match.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk