Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V_i_c_i

seth

Looks great @V_i_c_i
Someone on the old org used to make something very simular it will neaten up the area under the throttle bodies.
:onya:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

BbigMmac

Nice piece of work. Used to be someone in the Netherlands who had a batch made. Still looking for one myself.

seth

@V_i_c_i
Are you going to use gaskets between the different parts ?
The ones that were made years ago were single piece I fitted a small filter on top but it could outlet to a catchbottle or something like that.
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

V_i_c_i

Under lowest part will be OEM gasket. Between other parts I will use just Loctite gasket. First and last part will be black anodised. Middle will be polished. Bolts will be recessed. I want to keep the lead in the airbox. I do not know exactly how. Probably some AN8 fitting and hose...

E: Not much time now, so it will be my small winter project  :happy1:

V_i_c_i

Made some minor work on my second winter project. Tyre changer and balancer.
Made clips for rims.

T 24

@V_i_c_i , Looks great. This is my version, and it works.

gsxbarmy

Hats off to you guys on your ingenuity and mechanical skills, that's impressive.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

ARH

Some of the skills you guys have never ceases to amaze me!  :clapping:

Hooli

Blubber

Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Hooli

I did a cleaning thing! Washed, waxed and for the first time in its life ACF-50 applied.

Fitted the replacement pin to the front brakes too. Need to change the fan but no rush at this time of year...

Notty

Quote from: Hooli on Saturday, 20 October  2018, 11:08 PM
I did a cleaning thing! Washed, waxed and for the first time in its life ACF-50 applied.

Fitted the replacement pin to the front brakes too. Need to change the fan but no rush at this time of year...
you won't be able to find it in a car park now ! :happy1:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Sunday, 21 October  2018, 12:34 AM
Stroll on @Hooli, you'll be getting a case of OCD next  :rofl2:

:lol:

It's not quite* to your levels Dave. But I can confirm the easiest way in the world to clean wheels as filthy as mine were is alloy wheel cleaner, all the stealth & anti-theft coating just falls off almost as soon as the brush touches it. I obviously forgot* to clean the number plate though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk