Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northern

Get my 14 to winter garage from parking lot. Before that, ride it a while. Even it was quite cold outside, nothing beside finger tips were freezing.

In my garage, I almost drop my bike, but manage to hold it. Unfortunately with price of health of my wrist - sprain it. So, seems like season 2018 for me is over  :facepalm:

Tony Nitrous

Fingers crossed my cast comes off my arm on Wednesday, then the bikes will soon be an option again.

Heading into our warmer seasons, but also storm season. Our Winter is normaly better for bikes, cool and dry, Summer is hot and wetter!

We really do need some rain so as I can't ride today I'm not complaining as it rolls in.

KiwiCol

Quote from: northern on Sunday, 30 September  2018, 08:09 AM
Get my 14 to winter garage from parking lot. Before that, ride it a while. Even it was quite cold outside, nothing beside finger tips were freezing.

In my garage, I almost drop my bike, but manage to hold it. Unfortunately with price of health of my wrist - sprain it. So, seems like season 2018 for me is over  :facepalm:
That's a bugger Northern.  Best to rest it & not try to get back into it too soon, could take longer to heal.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Today l am out on it burning lots of fuel.
Its a beauty day  :cheers:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

DTTW

Thanks guys, will give it a go in near future. Today still playing with electric stuff.

shanered6

today im stripping the wheels on my 76 cb500t to go for powder coating and the exhausts of the 78 bmw 1000 to go as well .
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

DTTW

So, the temp/volt meter is now installed. Hardest part was deciding where to put it. First I thought of putting it the middle of the handlebars, but remembered that I keep my RAM mount there... So then this is how it ended up. I used piece of aluminium as a bracket. This was glued on the plastic piece on dashboard. Temperature is being measured from LHS plug and voltage taken from front park light. There is option to have another reading for the meter, I am thinking of buying a sensor to measure ambient temp.

Quite happy how it ended up, there is some symmetry in the dash now. :boogie2:

Mister Fishfinger

I took the slack out of my throttle cable following the factory service manual procedure.

Without a doubt this is the cheapest and best thing I have done since I bought it, it was like riding a new bike today. I have been zooming round the greenery of Surrey in the autumn sunshine, happy as a pig in the proverbial poo.

If you haven't done yours for a while, go do it now. You'll corner better, zip through traffic like a god, lose 3 inches off your waist and make love like you did when you were 20 *.

* Your mileage may vary

Speedy1959

Quote from: shanered6 on Sunday, 30 September  2018, 06:17 PM
today im stripping the wheels on my 76 cb500t to go for powder coating and the exhausts of the 78 bmw 1000 to go as well .

I remember those..
They were usually chocolate brown and had "Double overhead camshaft" written in script on the side panels..
I always fancied one..
Nice bike and pretty unusual.

shanered6

speedy ... nail on the head mate !!!.... it was brown but its now going to be red , black and some gold pin stripping , had wheels back today all nicely powder coated black .... very smart  :boogie:
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

Will14

Evening all

Well I have spent the full day tinkering with the bike in the man cave today, fairly productive day

Front suspension set up, Hagon rear shocks set up, Throttle cables adjusted, TPS checked & adjusted (need to get a small file & T20 safety torx socket tomorrow) old stickers removed from tank & tail thankfully they weren't hiding any nasty surprises, old standard shocks stripped (will do a separate thread on what I found & what my plan is) cleaned & polished paintwork, stripped front & rear hangers etc ready to be either polished or powder coated

Has anyone any experience in removing the bushes from the front hangers, the ones circled below, I had a quick go but time was getting on and they seemed pretty bloody tight!

Cheers

Pete...

northern

Ride ~200km. Nice weather and weekend - what could be better?

Mrg

:onya: hello all
So an update to my crash, the guy who helped me off my bike when I didn't won't to get of has admitted liability in full ,good news
The bike being inspected by them and it's a N class write off,
So they have offered me £3350 back take away 780 for the scrap on my old bike back to me I am left with
About £2500,
So I've got a white and blue k2 52 plate 60 on the clock and a well good maintained bike  the bloke is the owner for the last ten yrs and had it served every 6mhs all paper work to prove
Only selling due to ill health can't surpport the bike weight any longer shame  he has cancer :(  but a very nice guy spoken to him and he's very happy to no it's going to a gsx lover
So now I will have my old bike and this lovely white and blue as well ,but what to do with the old blue bitch is my dilemma , keep sell or brake for parts
The n cat is all silly damage pug screen rhs levers mirrors engine crash bars tank strike rear fender scrap exhaust both no good and foot brake mount has moved into the rear swing arm but not cracked and not to much movement has been done
But other than waiting for my gear to be replaced  and personal injury claim to be finished that is it for now 
Got to pick up the new blue and whits bich in about a week or two  :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

Hooli

I got home & had a look at my front brake to see why they were clanking so loud pushing it into the garage. One of the pad retaining pins has fallen out! That explains the slightly soft (at times) front brake today  :crash: lucky the pads didn't fall out really.

It's now parked up to think about what it's done & why such behaviour such as throwing parts away is only acceptable from Triumphs. Still it's the only issue in 1,820miles since I left for last weekend's meet so not too bad I guess.

Kiwifruit

Sorry Hooli its obvious its caught something from inside the shed. Lets just hope its not that incurable.contagious disease called 'reliability' thats so common in Jaguars.  :stir:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk