News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

Fitted the foam grips to both bikes, checked tyre pressures with me new digital inflator, new oil in the other week, & charged up the action cam & installed updated maps in the Zumo.  The girl is good to go for the weekend!  Going to be nice & I'm itching to get back out.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

My 14 is alive!

The stator arrived back today so I fitted it. Odd how it took under 90mins and cost £92.25. Yet the dealer in Austria wanted to charge about €500 parts and over €300 labour...

Guess I'd better ride it to work tomorrow for a proper test.

Andre

Nothing odd about it - all normal. My neighbor's XVS 1100 has start problems. Yamaha dealer wanted 600€ for new starter and 400€ labour. At most a 30 minute job :furious: He had me listen to him trying to start. Told him it was the battery. Put it on charger overnight - problem solved.

ARH

In Austria it's all about the personal relationship you have with the dealer... if you chat and get on ok all well and good.... if not then he will try and rip you for as much as possible.   I'm lucky...my guy in the local dealer is a decent bloke and unbelievable helpful!  Helps he speaks fluent English tho  :onya:

Great that you got it sorted Hooli!

Hooli

TBH I can see where the dealer got the price. It is about £560 for stator, gasket & reg/rec from Suzuki, add labour at the silly rate they charge to that & it makes sense.

I still wouldn't pay it though as almost everytime I or others I've known have paid a garage to do a job (except fit tyres) I've had to redo it to correct their mistakes.

northern

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 12 September  2018, 05:08 AM
...dealer in Austria wanted to charge about €500 parts and over €300 labour...

Year ago, I paid ~250€ for part, from my local dealer, who order parts directly from Japan... My local small Suzuki dealer have usually much better spare-parts prices, what I have seen online.

Hooli

Works & even on wet roads soaked in diesel that stunk most of the way it was good to be back on her.

Notty

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 12 September  2018, 05:43 PM

Works & even on wet roads soaked in diesel that stunk most of the way it was good to be back on her.
You must be well pleased - i rode in the rain once i think  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

froudy

Quote from: Notty on Wednesday, 12 September  2018, 06:32 PM
i rode in the rain once i think  :)

Lucky you @Notty ...I returned from Spain last Friday. Back in work Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and I've done 4 out of 6 commutes in the rain already :furious:

Bike cleaning later today so it's all nice and shiny for the Theft ride in Bristol on Sunday.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Hooli

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 12 September  2018, 05:43 PM

You must be well pleased - i rode in the rain once i think  :)

Chuffed to have it back, less chuffed at the huge patches of diesel all the way down that road.

This is about the wettest place I've ridden my 14, it was about twice as deep mid-winter and came over the footpegs as I rode though.

https://goo.gl/maps/AimzSWYYkNA2

Notty

Quote from: froudy on Wednesday, 12 September  2018, 06:48 PM
i rode in the rain once i think  :)

Lucky you @Notty ...I returned from Spain last Friday. Back in work Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and I've done 4 out of 6 commutes in the rain already :furious:

Bike cleaning later today so it's all nice and shiny for the Theft ride in Bristol on Sunday.
ridden in rain snow and ice- not any more thats retirement for you - sunny rides only  :) u have enough of my shiny bits in ur shed no need to wash ur bike !! Lol
@froudy

T250

Went to take the bike of the main stand and thought it doesn't want to move very well...found a nice 1" screw in the middle of the tread...tyres only done about 500 miles  :furious:

Notty

Quote from: T250 on Thursday, 13 September  2018, 07:05 PM
Went to take the bike of the main stand and thought it doesn't want to move very well...found a nice 1" screw in the middle of the tread...tyres only done about 500 miles  :furious:
That's a real bummer - hopefully it can b repaired safely  :bugga:

KiwiCol

That's a bugger alright. But I'd use it with a proper mushroom plug fitted correctly.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

T250

Yeah, just had it plugged up, haven't had a puncture in years and now this on a nearly new tyre  :bugga:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk