News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northern

grog

enjoyed your clip mate. 3000 revs in 6th is much faster than mine, 103 on mine.

northern

Quote from: grog on Monday, 03 September  2018, 07:30 PM
enjoyed your clip mate. 3000 revs in 6th is much faster than mine, 103 on mine.
interesting, how it's possible? Mine displays ~120 on 3000 rpm.
my 14 have 17t front sprocket, 55 high rear tire and SpeadoHealer unit, where I calibrate milage valuse, not speed. But it still shows quite correct speed range.

Hooli

It'll be the speedo healer that makes them read different.

KiwiCol

I agree with Hooli, the speedo healer is feeding incorrect info to your speedo.  I've got a 17 tooth sprocket on 1 of mine, 50 profile admittedly, but that'll make naff all difference as far as this goes.  100kpm with the 17 front is about 3600 - 3700 rpm from memory. 3000 in 6th I reckon I'd be doing about 85 - 90k max. 
I've got mine calibrated to read the same as the Garamin GPS.

Next time I'm out, I'll take a bit more notice & let you know what mine reads at 3000, what it is at 100k & what it is at 120k.  It's cold wet shitty weather here this week, with snow to low levels & all alpine passes affected.  Not good bike weather.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

northern

@KiwiCol
Can't agree with you, what problem is because of SpeedoHealer. I spent some time with video and my GPS logger data, and confirm, what my bike speedo is displaying something like +10 at ~100km/h. It's the same speedometer error, like stock front sprocket and tire 14 have...

As @Thommohawk wrote on old ORG, speedo on our bike have progressive error. Meaning, up to 50km/h, speed is quite accurate, and the higher the speed is, the bigger display difference is. at the same time, odometer is correct, and it doesn't depend from running speed.

Knowing this, I decide, what mileage is more important for me, and I calibrate odometer, instead of indicated speed. So, my speed should display almost same speed as bike with 18T sprocket and 50 rear tire should.

If I would calibrate speed on 100km/h to correct, it would be not be correct at 50 and 150, and also mileage would be counted wrong.

But, this is theory, and theory have to be proved by experiment :)
I would do the same as you, with my data logger, phone (with GPS) and my GoPro, and share the result here.  :hat:

gsxbarmy

Interesting, I had a speedohealer on my old 14 (standard gearing) which I calibrated at a number of different speeds against my TomTom, finding at 70mph it was reading 8.7% fast, so that's what I set it to to correct. Having set it and checked it, I found it to be within 1mph at most speeds (compared against my TomTom) up to 70 mph.

With speed camera's around more and more in the UK (including average speed camera's), I was more interested in calibrating for showing the correct speed, and not at all bothered whether the odometer was correct or not.

Guess it all depends what is more important to you showing the correct mileage or the correct speed. To me, it was the correct speed.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

When I compared my speedo to GPS on my ill fated trip about 9% high was what I saw too & that was at any speed. Same as Barmy found.

Hooli

Posted my stator off today.

Now to remember to on vehicle wiring products (I think that's the company name) & find the correct multiplug to repair the loom while I await it's return.

MarkN

MOT for my 1200 Bandit tomorrow so have spent the afternoon going over it in readiness. Hope I've not missed anything. Hate MOT day

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 05 September  2018, 02:11 AM
Posted my stator off today.

Now to remember to on vehicle wiring products (I think that's the company name) & find the correct multiplug to repair the loom while I await it's return.

@Hooli Always found these guys good for standard connectors Andy https://www.corsa-technic.com/category.php?category_id=126

(Only problem is they are US based)
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

KiwiCol

Today I thought, I should really clean this thing, then thought, nah, I'll have a bourbon instead. Sew eye did.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Speedy1959

Wired in a USB connector..
Wired to the battery but has an inline fuse which I removed as I dont want it connected yet.
I dont want to start hacking into the wiring and to be honest this is just a temporary item for the Scottish meetup.
I shall remove after its over.

Hooli

One day I might use the orange switched feed by the fusebox to trigger a relay & have another small fusebox for attached accessories. Rather than running the grips off it like I currently do.

One day...but currently it works so I've not bothered & after 10 years I'm kinda used to it that way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk