News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

today i cooked 3 minute noodles for lunch. one of my talents. WAS. today i was talking and forgot to add water. have stunk the whole place out. did i get payed out on. gordon ramsay my new name.  :rofl2:

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

northern

According to weather forecast, today was the last good summer day. So I could not let it go, and had ~250k ride.
Ou I love my 14 :). Yes, I want another, but not to replace my 14. Today it seems to me, I will keep it forever...

shanered6

Put the panniers on and are off tomorrow to Ullapool with the tent and the misses , im just hoping the weather is going to clear a bit or its going to be a soggy trip  :facepalm:
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

Hooli

seth

If it looks bad the Caladonian hotel is not to expensive in ullapool .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

Useless fact for a biker but they let dogs in too. Lucky liked it on her last holiday with me.

Hooli

My bike finally got home today  :clapping:

So once I got home from work I ripped it apart to find the fault. I wasn't far off when I said a burnt out stator... lets see who can spot the fault in the pics. I also tested the reg/rec & it's fine, so I just need the stator & replace the burnt mutliplug on the loom & its all good.

Oh & refit the reg/rec as when I pulled the cable out the rivets holding the mount snapped. That looks fun to get into so I can reattach it.

seth

To refit the reg/rec easiest way is to remove the rear mudguard .bodywork off and then 4 bolts .the and it's fitted to the front of the mudguard .
A couple of hours max .

Sethbot Postwhore

northern

@Hooli why cable is not attached to coils? :)

Had problem with stator year ago - diagnose it by measuring resistance between 3 wires. Generator coil resistance: 0.2 – 1.0 Ω (Yellow – Yellow) (service manual info)
Only one pair was OK.

I had once fun of removing reg/rec without removing rear mudguard. I have relativly small hands, but it was not easy...

northern

K&N air filter fitted, instead of OEM filter.

Was where any changes - hard to say :)
May be just only air suction sound a bit, because of air inlet is bigger.

Will not go on dyno this year, but next summer I have plan to let it adjust again with fixed fueling, and then I would test run it with OEM filter also.

Hooli

Quote from: seth on Thursday, 30 August  2018, 06:02 AM
To refit the reg/rec easiest way is to remove the rear mudguard .bodywork off and then 4 bolts .the and it's fitted to the front of the mudguard .
A couple of hours max .

Yeah I was hoping to avoid that as I'd have to get the givi kit off first and then disturb all the fastenings japs love to make of soft cheese that have never been undone in 17 years.

Hooli

Quote from: northern on Thursday, 30 August  2018, 06:05 AM
@Hooli why cable is not attached to coils? :)

It's gone brittle & snapped. Not great as it was a replacement fitted about six years and 40k miles ago. It does explain why only one pair of wires have any resistance & two had a short to earth.

seth

The crazy thing is the bracket is riveted on to the mudguard and the reg/rec is bolted to the bracket I think it's to allow air to circulate around it.

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

Yeah the airflow makes sense. I could kinda get to the LH bolt with it in place so I put two spanners on it & as I went to undo it the bracket fell off the battery tray. Probably lucky I found the rivets had died as that'd be slightly annoying when riding.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk