Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish in Oz

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 22 August  2018, 09:11 PM
Barmy, not all trying to be smart arse, my car hoses are 20 next year. Still look feel a1. Biggest maintenance is fluid change. Saves so many hassles. I changed from toyota pads to bendix last time, was like adding two extra discs.

I worked in the rubber industry and I am aware of different types of mixes for different applications. Grog on the subject of tyres you stated that if they are over 5 years old they should be replaced just to be on the safe side.  :confused1:

gsxbarmy

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 22 August  2018, 09:11 PM
Barmy, not all trying to be smart arse

Wasn't suggesting you were for a minute @grog, apologies if it came across like that
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

grog

Ok Irish, you got me. I do say that about tyres. I even scratch my head about me sometimes. New lines will be acquired. No more from me about this. Thanks blokes, input always appreciated.  :hat:

Kiwifruit

Quote from: Notty on Thursday, 23 August  2018, 06:24 AM
Dug over the garden ready for turf to go down tomorrow - had to get the 14 out of the garage so i could get the wheelbarrow full of soil past without any risk of knocking the bike  :)

Bike looks great Notty  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

KiwiCol

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Thursday, 23 August  2018, 08:45 AM
Quote from: Notty on Thursday, 23 August  2018, 06:24 AM
Dug over the garden ready for turf to go down tomorrow - had to get the 14 out of the garage so i could get the wheelbarrow full of soil past without any risk of knocking the bike  :)

Bike looks great Notty  :onya:

Looking at the pic of that bike Notty, judging on the condition & tyre wear, I'd say it's done about 6500 miles?   :happy1:  Close?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

ARH

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 23 August  2018, 08:28 AM
Ok Irish, you got me. I do say that about tyres. I even scratch my head about me sometimes. New lines will be acquired. No more from me about this. Thanks blokes, input always appreciated.  :hat:

Grog - I also still have the original lines and see no reason to change them.   Fundamental difference between rubber in lines and tyres.... lines don't go through heat cycles like tyres do... I believe that's the main reason for changing tyre rubbers after 5 years.  I stand to be corrected chaps!  :P

KiwiCol

Agreed ARH, and they'd be made out of different components to suit different purposes. 
You can make a tyre that'll last the life of the car, but not a great future for tyre companies doing that, and also how effective it would be is also debatable.

Irish in Oz

Heat cycles! I don't remember any of my tyres getting hot enough to even look like burning my finger. But I definitely wouldn't leave brake fluid on there too long.

Notty

Turf all done - put cover on the 14 but it rained overnight and bugger its only a dust cover so bike filthy and wet this morning  :bugga:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

Might as well take it for a run before cleaning it then.

Notty

Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 24 August  2018, 02:38 AM
Might as well take it for a run before cleaning it then.
Great idea and I can get my mileage above 6500 !!  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

ARH

If your better half is anything like mine she'd be saying get those slabs cleaned before you go anywhere!  :rofl2:

gsxbarmy

Had my Explorer in for its second annual service today having covered just on 7.5k miles in 2 years. Also needed a new set of rear pads, clearly that extra braking in the Swiss Alps recently took its toll on my rear brake!
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

VladTepes

Yesterday got a new front tyre on the bike - so much better having grip on the RHS rather than bald. It makes a considerable difference to confidence :)
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol

Isn't 'bald' more grip, except in the wet?  Basically a 1 sided slick, yeah?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk