News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Finished cleaning the scoota........ the boss lady said "it looks lovely when its clean" I agree.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

KiwiCol

Looking sharp Col, you've got the headers done nice - been a while since I've been at mine.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

Oh I filled the tank this morning as it was slightly empty after yesterday, 22.06ltrs fitted in after 185miles so the fiddling the other week solved it's thirst too.

northern

So, today I finally did external fuel filter mod.
I was hoping, I will be able to fit it under the tank, but unfortunately it did not succeed and I had to find a work-around solution. But it's summer=riding time, and I will have plenty of time to rebuild it during "non riding season" we hear call winter.

But what a result!!!  :boogie:
I measure again pump flow rate: before ~54 LPH, after 140 LPH (based on 10sec tests). Also, fuel pressure on full throttle was dropped only till ~30PSI versus ~20PSI on with old filter!

Running on lower RPM's became much, much smoother and acceleration...

Yes, acceleration...
After service, I did a small ride in the city, enjoying my bike. I'm more hard spurt and then almost cruising type of rider.
On one traffic light, BMW i8 was hard braking next to me. Yung, 25-30 old fella was behind the wheel, and pretty blond girl next to him...

I don't know, what the hell happened to me, but first time in my life, I make a gesture: "lets race!". And he accept - he was with a girl, in expensive and fast car, and I was in lumberjack shirt (kevlar) and jeans, on a old bike...  :)
Firs run I loose, cause I wasn't expecting my bike could accelerate so fast, and hit to the rev limiter before I shift second... And more - first wheel does not want to stay on the paivment.
But second run... It wasn't the best, and again, wheel was getting up, but my 15 years old girl was faster then this expensive peace of beauty.

I'm almost sure, on a 1/4 mile run, my 14 would get out of 11's.

Anyway, today I take a part in street race, and I won :boogie2:

P.S. I know, it was childish and irresponsible, but hell it was fun!

shanered6

Well i got around to fitting the bar risers properly ... there very good as you geta load of diferant spacer thicknesses and they were only £15 .

i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

grog

Speedy1959

6am this morning I fitted my modified silencers back on my bike..
Haven started her yet..
I will play out tonight after work..
Hoo ha ha ha haaaa

T250

Checked my TPS today, it was reading 1140ohm, adjusted it to spot on 1100ohm, the adjustment allowed an even lower reading if required. Going to check the voltages tomorrow as I have a slight low idle issue, but as mentioned on here, if I hit the kill switch straight away and then restart, the idle does go up as expected. Also it's a bit hard to play with due to the high temperatures...not complaining though  :onya:
Very impressed with the 4 pots I fitted, don't think I would want anything more powerful to be honest, allied with a very good back brake as well.

Andre

Quote from: T250 on Friday, 27 July  2018, 05:39 AM
... as mentioned on here, if I hit the kill switch straight away and then restart, the idle does go up as expected. Also it's a bit hard to play with due to the high temperatures...not complaining though  :onya:

@T250  I had that fast idle/kill switch behaviour. It magically went away after I had cleaned all connectors with contact cleaner. Fast idle was still a bit low at 1400 rpm (should be 1500-1700, max 2000). When starting with warm engine I had issues with low idle (900 rpm), but not every time. As outside temps kept climbing up, 900 rpm idle became the rule even at starting cold. Yesterday I turned the fast idle screw 1/4 turn counterclockwise. Today, when starting the cold (temp gauge showed 30°+  :happy1: ) engine, idle went straight to 1100 and stayed there. Also went  right to 1100 when restarting after breaks. Maybe the issue is fixed. I'll keep observing and curious what the behavior is when ambient temps drop.

And yes, TPS and STPS were spot on!

Hooli

Adjust your SPS too. It's the secondary throttle actuator that controls the fast idle so is likely to cure it.

T250

Quote from: Andre on Friday, 27 July  2018, 06:07 AM
Quote from: T250 on Friday, 27 July  2018, 05:39 AM
... as mentioned on here, if I hit the kill switch straight away and then restart, the idle does go up as expected. Also it's a bit hard to play with due to the high temperatures...not complaining though  :onya:

@T250  I had that fast idle/kill switch behaviour. It magically went away after I had cleaned all connectors with contact cleaner. Fast idle was still a bit low at 1400 rpm (should be 1500-1700, max 2000). When starting with warm engine I had issues with low idle (900 rpm), but not every time. As outside temps kept climbing up, 900 rpm idle became the rule even at starting cold. Yesterday I turned the fast idle screw 1/4 turn counterclockwise. Today, when starting the cold (temp gauge showed 30°+  :happy1: ) engine, idle went straight to 1100 and stayed there. Also went  right to 1100 when restarting after breaks. Maybe the issue is fixed. I'll keep observing and curious what the behavior is when ambient temps drop.

And yes, TPS and STPS were spot on!

This is very similar to what mine is doing, today we have warm rain  :grin: so a bit of time to check all the sensors etc

grog

In cold weather, my idles up and decreases to 1100 in around 2 mins. Summertime, rarely below 20 in morning, fast idle gone in 30 seconds. Seems to work perfectly.

T250

Spent a bit of time checking again and found the STPS was miles out, adjusted the STPS and tweaked the throttle cable slack and all seems fine at the moment, fast idle went straight up to 1500 and then dropped quickly back to 1100, I will not know if it will go up further until the weather cools down I suppose.
STPS and TPS are spot on, perhaps I may have an issue similar to Andre? Time will tell... :grin:

Hooli

The SPS controls the fast idle by referencing it's own position to the TPS. So in theory you never need to adjust the fast idle screw. Hence you should balance the throttles before adjusting either of them.

Irish in Oz

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 23 July  2018, 10:32 PM
Oh I filled the tank this morning as it was slightly empty after yesterday, 22.06ltrs fitted in after 185miles so the fiddling the other week solved it's thirst too.
Hooli, what do you reckon a standard Mk1 Bandit should get in k's to litre.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk