News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northern

Hooli

northern

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 11 July  2018, 05:03 PM
Probably the most useful part of the server too!
No. Those servers are literally moneymakers :)

northern

Custom map for my Yoshi's.  :boogie:

Fast (2 hours), tuning, but good (not the best) result  :) Bike is running much smoother.
Red is last year with just Akra. Blue is from today.

Why it's not the best:
On a top end, tuner add almost 70% fuel on 80-100% throttle, but AFR is still lean. Possible injectors need cleaning or replace. Also possible, fuel pump and filter need replacement.
Also, I told tuner, during throttle valve synchronization, 4th cylinder valve reading was most unstable compare to 1-3, and also what cams engine cover from inside was slightly smoked near the 4th cylinder.  Tuner assume valves my need attention.

But still: +18% power and +10% torque (SAE correction)  :boogie:
uncorrected values are 129Hp 124H-m

shanered6

Thats quite an improvment  :onya:..... but a bit more work if you need to do the valves .
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

northern

Quote from: shanered6 on Thursday, 12 July  2018, 05:31 AM
Thats quite an improvment  :onya:..... but a bit more work if you need to do the valves .

I do not have any issues with performance, so I would not deal with it now.
Someday, I hope to do a big bore, and the it would be a good time to do a cylinder head restore.

But fuel pump cold be replaced, and some fuel filter mod also implemented :)

P.S.
Almost forgot - HEL oil cooler was delivered today.

seth

You should be looking at around 135bhp so your not far away
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

shanered6

Quote from: northern on Thursday, 12 July  2018, 06:02 AM
Quote from: shanered6 on Thursday, 12 July  2018, 05:31 AM

I do not have any issues with performance, so I would not deal with it now.
Someday, I hope to do a big bore, and the it would be a good time to do a cylinder head restore.

But fuel pump cold be replaced, and some fuel filter mod also implemented :)

I agree ... there's no point in in doing it now ! ... wait till your there next time  :onya:

P.S.
Almost forgot - HEL oil cooler was delivered today.
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

northern

Quote from: seth on Thursday, 12 July  2018, 06:07 AM
You should be looking at around 135bhp so your not far away
Anthony, looking on a map you send me, I see max +26% fuel on top end on 100% open throttle. Mine maximum is +66 on 80% open throttle, and still not enough.
this may be indeed fueling issue...
Tuner told me, he had lately another 14 with full exhaust and it run 114HP versus mine 105HP. ~9Hp difference...

So 135 is totally possible  :onya:

seth

It's seams to be with everything as it should be
And full akroprovic.
Every dyno I've seen is around  135bhp.
The slight differences higher of lower is due to the dyno's and how well the bike was built when new.
I'm sure you'll get there buddy and I was very glad I could help you get this far .
Keep at it buddy.
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Irish in Oz

grog

Irish, they wouldve been good in a straight line. rock steady. rust steady. one of those.

northern

not today, but yesterday...

Had a 2 day trip to annual bike rally, where I take a part of 1/4 mile drag-race.

First, I got in to the heavy thunderstorm, when somewhere on the road was almost 10cm of water... Gore-Tex rules! :) I ride in gore-tex shell pants, boots and gloves, and put raincoat over raiding jacket when needed. But fortunately, rain was just for and hour and I get all moisture out during next hour while raiding.

Drag race - it was first race since I had Yoshi cams were installed and PCV tuned on a dyno. my goal was low 11's or even high 10's . 10's were under a bog question mark, cause dyno-run shows I have some issues with fueling - pump was unable to provide enough fuel on full throttle on high revs. HP fuel filter?..
Anyway -  best time 11.3s  :boogie:
Slowest in the outlaw class (bmw K1200R, kava ZZ-R1200, few extend swing-arm sport-bikes, stock and turbo hayabusa's), but faster when some 1000cc sport-bikes in other class (even some older R1). My big girl, is definitely capable to run out of 11's. Even with this fueling issue. I'm the weakest link here :). Few times were late with shifting, and start need some (much) practice - few times was wheeling and relise throttle after this...
But i was quite happy with the result  :onya:

On a way back, ~40km from home, in the middle of the field, doing ~120 km/h, my 14 start to misfire and then just stops. Right after overtake...
Long story short - good I had tools and zip ties. Everything shows, engine just did not have fuel, but tan was ~30% full. I decided to look over the teabag filter, so I take tank of the bike, and fuel pump out the tank.
it looked somehow different... I looked inside the tank, and what I saw? some part from fuel pump module was ling inside the pump, which I had in my hands  :confused1:

Whit plastic clamp, was getting loose, during 15 years, and was not able to hold fuel pressure regulator, and it felt off.
With 2 wooden sticks, i pick up parts from inside of fuel tank. Easy to write about, but it was the hardest thing during this fix :) Luckily weather was fine, and I had light outfit with me, and dont need to be in ring gear during this protsess: https://photos.app.goo.gl/b3swiAG8agtbptX4A (its 360° photo, so click on it twice and operate with mouce, or finger, to view all around).
Anyway, secure everything with zip ties, I was able to proceed with my ride home. No problems anymore.

In the end - I had interesting weekend :)

P.S.
this confirm my though about fueling need some attention and fixing.

northern

Use mouse to navigate and mouse wheel to zoom on PC, or swipe fingers on yor mobile devices.

xxx2C83LZqI

Irish in Oz

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 15 July  2018, 05:50 PM
Irish, they wouldve been good in a straight line. rock steady. rust steady. one of those.

Very true Grog, now I'm looking for a steering damper  :laugh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk