News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latty66

Hooli just shown that to the wife she said whats happened to that has it just come out of a canal  :rofl2: :happy1:

Hooli

Latty66

Thats the best way to keep em running all year round mate  :onya:

KiwiCol

that'll be the 'anti theft' coating you've mentioned then . . .  :rofl2:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Red Biker

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Sweaty

Hooli

Quote from: Red Biker on Thursday, 21 June  2018, 06:01 PM
Jesus Hoolie what happened to her!  ???

I used to live in the countryside & I use it all year for work. Besides if you stop washing a bike around september the sludge is so thick the salt doesn't get to it.

Taniwha

Took a whole bunch of measurements of the rad guard ends. Got an idea for mounting a set of spots there. Not sure how it's going to work, as such, but Ive got all my numbers, a big block of brass, stainless fixings, and free machine time. 😀
K7 B&W, '84 GPZ550, '12 ZX2,

seth

@Taniwha
You can get very small but extremely bright mini spotlights thesedays
Good luck  :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

I found a LED headlight did the same without any of the hassle to get them fitted & doesn't look odd like a lot of spots do.

Kiwifruit

Hooli, are you using a full LED headlamp or just the bulb ? Had a look at fitting just the bulb and found I can only buy a twin pack........and now the law says I can only use an LED bulb if the original headlamp came with one.
If anyone has used LED bulb, do you find the much better ?

@Taniwha.
Have a look in the Daytime Running Lights thread. That's where I have mounted mine. Went for a Warrant of Fitness at the bike shop and the mechanic was well impressed. Tiny but bright. Might have got that wrong if you are looking for spots.
Oh and I see you have that Musket us honkys have been looking for.......wasn't wrapped in a blanket was it ?  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

@Kiwifruit just a bulb mate. I can't recall the exact one but Barmy recommended them, I can check if needed.

I had to buy two too, but it gives me a spare to carry just in case when away from home.

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

froudy

Re. LED headlight bulbs.
I've got a pair here that Notty bought from Dave. I was going to fit one, but it seems they are now an MOT fail if I've read the new MOT rules correctly.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Hooli

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Friday, 22 June  2018, 05:55 PM
Are they much brighter Hooli?
I'd say about 3-400% more light which matches what they claim.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk