News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Biker

Ooh that sounds great Dave  :tongue:

Before the breakdown! I was Gavin a great day, was a vintage Jap day at claycross and there were some gems there.

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

seth

Just back from a wee run around the west coast of Scotland Friday - Sunday
360 miles great roads and missed all the rain .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Basil Brush

Red biker - great second pic. Two of my old bikes there. A Honda CB250N and the GSX1100ES. Happy days... :smitten:
He who laugh's last - laugh's last...

Red Biker

There were a couple of 350 RD's as well Bas which was my first proper bike  :onya:
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Del

today I mostly enjoyed my commute - after sorting out the TPS and correcting the fork oil issue it was a joy to ride teh bike again 0 gone is the snatchy throttle and the harsh ride - enjoyed it so much my  mile commute home turned into a mile hoon 
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Hooli

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 06 June  2018, 06:12 PM
My lass isn't well enough for us to use my 14 for a weekend near Aberdeen from tomorrow so we're going in the car. Obviously 14 heard her say that as it played up yesterday. From cold the clutch only disengages for a few secs before it pulls away on it's own. Pump the lever a few times first & it behaves for the whole ride.

Guess I'll be stripping hydraulics down next week then...
I don't know if it's lost fluid as it was dark last night when I checked, I'd got in at 1am after a blast home across the Snake Pass. That's so much easier with a LED headlight so I can see where I'm going.

Well I investigated this tonight & found some corrosion in the slave that was obviously stopping it sealing properly so it was dripping slightly. I've cleaned it all out, it looks good with no marks or ridges etc. Guess I'll find out in the morning if it's worked or not.

Hooli

Update - FIXED.

I like these free fixes, it makes running the 14 more affordable.

Speedy1959

Got MOT for bike (on condition the could fit/sell me a legal number plate :devil:)

Also had new DID chain fitted..
its just a mid range DID but no doubt better than my "top of the range" fake DID !!

Kiwifruit

Haha, Speedy l put the serial number of my DID VX chain into Tonys fake chain link. It said my number was already registered.  :facepalm:
We shall see. Rides nice and not getting hot.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Speedy1959

northern

Today I was stopped by the police, after using a bus lane to overtake a traffic during a morning rush hour, on my way to wolk.

After a 5 minute polite chat with policeman, discussing this rule is ridiculous (electric cars may and motorcycle are not), police ask me what to do with me, and I told: "Let me go"... And he did, wishing me a good ride :)
Not even official warning. Not even checking my penalties records in the database...  :onya:

KiwiCol

That's it Northern, all your luck has been used up in 1 hit right there.  No more luck now till 2019  . . .  :lol:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

northern

Hope not...

Actually, my luck ratio is in quite balance by facts (not in finance way's):
My car is in the paint shop - someone did hit and run
Monday I got ticket from police (driving a car) for a right turn where it was not allowed at that time.
I got exchange of the damaged rain jacket (motorcycle, in local gear shop) which I purchase before Christmas and didn't notice up to the this week...
Police let me go and, I assume, if they would check and find out it was second time this week, I would be obligated to donate 100+ € to the budget of my state...

So, it's in balance [emoji846]

Speedy1959

Northern..
I do like the way you describe events in your life..
Sometimes a person who's native language is not English seems to get the message across in a more descriptive way.
Probably because native English speakers (in the UK) are getting bloody lazy with the language!

Its much easier to dumb down than to raise standards !!

northern

@Speedy1959
Thank you, Simon.

I was leaning English since I was 12 (will be 41 next week), and for last 15 years, English is my second work language. Especially in written form - different software malfunctions reports and development requests. Also IT evolve every day.
My native languages are Estonian (max 1.5mil language carriers) and Russian, so I have to understand and speak English, to be able to use all the information and knowledge world and internet can offer. For example - in university, almost all study materials were on English.

But even my English is pretty OK, a lot of times I do not understand slang your (native English speaking) are using :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk