Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick_J

Quote from: Red Biker on Tuesday, 29 May  2018, 08:19 PM
UK guys chances of winning Battle of the bugs= Zero

Battle of the bulge! Different story ✌️

Yes, British fat bastards are the fattest in Europe  :clapping: we ARE good at some things  :whistling:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Andre

After receiving the parts (gearshift shaft, cam plate, return spring and a few more little bits) a week earlier than announced I put everything back together yesterday and went for a test ride (115 km). No more scratchiness when shifting :boogie:

Also blocked the PAIR again (un-blocked for emission testing). Runs certainly smoother, at least sound-wise.

Would have liked a longer trip but heavy thunder storms are a distinct possibility. Had a big one yesterday. The mall in out biggest city in the county is still out of action. The area where I would have liked to ride today (Eifel) saw up to 80 liters. Normally I would not have risked it but I had to relieve the withdrawal symptoms after not riding for 3 weeks.

Hooli

I spent another weekend on Bute & did a lap of the SW Highlands while I was up there. My bug collection after 850ish miles is slightly better than the last one posted...
You don't want to know how long it took me to wash all the ones in my beard out either.

Kiwifruit

Thats more like it.....
So you had lunch on the run then  :rofl2:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Thursday, 31 May  2018, 07:40 AM
Thats more like it.....
So you had lunch on the run then  :rofl2:

....more like on the fly I'd say  :happy1:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Fresh protein is good for you right? that's what I tell the girls anyway!

I had to keep stopping to scrape my sunglasses clean & later on the clear ones. Riding with that light at night was fun, it was like looking down a kaleidoscope with the odd spots of light still getting to the road.

Globalrider

I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

KiwiCol

Damn fine effort there Hooli, well done.  You're leading the "Best Buggage" pics. That'll take some beating.  :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Mister Fishfinger

Ok, sand has now been well and truly kicked in my face.

Latty66

Well tramped up to the north lakes at the weekend did the scottish borders on sat and the lakes on sun about 850mile in total met up with some mate up there weather was very warm rds in the borders were sound smooth and traffic free for the most part the lakes was a bit busy in places i.ll try and add a pic taken from hartside on top of the pennines into yhe north lakes

Latty66

Red Biker

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

northern

Today got some goodies for my toy: SV1000 calipers.  :boogie:
From US eBay. Visually in pretty good condition, but will be refurbished anyway (EBC HH pads are already on the way).

Cost me ~123€ including taxes and shipping.

BTW - for everybody, who is interested:
find it on eBay UK, sv1000 calipers https://www.ebay.com/itm/suzuki-gsx-1400-front-calipers-sv1000/332665439066?hash=item4d7467c35a:g:JH4AAOSwIzBbCuJ9&vxp=mtr

Red Biker

Hi Northern,
I don't know if the fixings are the same spec as the Nissin's but I have a brand new set of stainless you can have for postage if you wanted them  :onya:
They've never been on the bike as I'm sure you are aware Black is ma ting  :onya:

Red
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

northern

Thank you for offering, Red.
Which do you mean? Those, which are joining 2 caliper sides together? In this case I will go my usual way - get A4-80 stainless allen bolts from local shop and give them some buffing shine :)

If something else - PM me a picture  :onya:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk