Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

I rode to Ladybower & didn't see a Lanc as it was cancelled. The officials around the place said the Typhoon had cancelled too so everyone started to leave. Then a Typhoon roared past where no-one saw it as we were queuing on the road behind trees.

BAH!

Hooli

250miles around the Yorkshire Dales today with my lass on the back, bloody lovely day for it too. Chippy tea in Hawes along with a couple of rest breaks in country pubs.

Noticed a slight oil leak on my bike though, I guess it's allowed now it's got a few miles on. I've not checked the manual to see what the pipe is yet but it's the small of the two oil pipes up the back of the barrels, the one that doesn't split in two & just goes up over no1 intake & into the head. It's seeping from the bottom banjo. I'll have to pop it off, clean it up & put it back to see what happens.

Speedy1959

Hooli we may have passed each other..
I was out in the Yorkshire dales on Sunday with a mate on his XJR1300.
I met him in Settle then we rode over the tops to Malham Cove and then on to a most gorgeous unspoilt village called Arncliffe.
After that we meandered back via Leyburn then on to Hawes and then to Ingleton and then for a brew at Devils bridge (Kirkby Lonsdale).

Best ride this year for me.

Notty

Noticed brakes were binding as I have to reverse 10 metres from my garage to the drive and its only a few inches spare each side ( house extension was built making sure could get a bike to the garage ) I cleaned my callipers and bled my brakes- no air bubbles but lever feels much firmer - surprising how much crap there was and only 1500 miles since last clean and I only ride in the sun now I am retired -  road test after rush hour when its cooler  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Tuesday, 22 May  2018, 10:51 PM
Hooli we may have passed each other..
I was out in the Yorkshire dales on Sunday with a mate on his XJR1300.
I met him in Settle then we rode over the tops to Malham Cove and then on to a most gorgeous unspoilt village called Arncliffe.
After that we meandered back via Leyburn then on to Hawes and then to Ingleton and then for a brew at Devils bridge (Kirkby Lonsdale).

Best ride this year for me.

I did see a couple of 14s about, wasn't paying a huge amount of attention to what bikes I saw though. Just pretend I waved if it was you  :cheers:

Hooli

My new rear tyre turned up today at the bike shop I live next door to, so I popped the wheel around after work & got it fitted. Then because of all the nasty clean bits on the wheel from his hand prints I had to wash the whole bike to make it look even again, I don't like removing the stealth & anti theft coating it feels unnatural to do so.

I had most of a bucket of soapy water left so I cleaned the car too.

ARH

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 23 May  2018, 07:14 AM
My new rear tyre turned up today at the bike shop I live next door to, so I popped the wheel around after work & got it fitted. Then because of all the nasty clean bits on the wheel from his hand prints I had to wash the whole bike to make it look even again, I don't like removing the stealth & anti theft coating it feels unnatural to do so.

:rofl2:  I take it you don't use the 2 bucket system then Hooli?

ARH

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 23 May  2018, 07:14 AM

:rofl2:  I take it you don't use the 2 bucket system then Hooli?

Hooli

I do have two buckets as it happens, I just don't wash my cars or bikes until they are actually dirty.

Mister Fishfinger

I'm taking the 14 on its first trip overseas (well the first one under my ownership). We are having a lovely time so far on the roads of Ireland.

The picture is of us arriving a bit early for the ferry at Pembroke dock.

One thing I like about Irish drivers is that they pull over to let you past when you come up behind them. Makes passing a lot easier.

Kiwifruit

Looks like a great day to be on a roady Fishy......enjoy your trip  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

Ireland is great if you don't fall in the potholes!

I checked my tyre pressures tonight & loaded my panniers, off to Scotland again tomorrow.

gsxbarmy

I loved Ireland - drove the Wild Atlantic Way the past two years, fantastic - and as you say the Irish drivers are so very considerate. Enjoy your trip!!!!
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

VladTepes

Just gave the bike a wash. It's gone from awful to presentable. :)
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: VladTepes on Saturday, 26 May  2018, 12:34 PM
Just gave the bike a wash. It's gone from awful to presentable. :)

Haven't cleaned mine this year, its not looking good.

Still go's well, apart from the 3rd gear whine.

I'm resisting posting any pics to avoid further abuse...

It's my "Black Rat".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk