News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northern

today I ride my 14. Best think happens to me, during last week  :)

Before I ride it, new screen was installed. So fare, it's best compromise between look and wind protection. IMHO :). Think, someday will paint it white & blue. :grin:
After the ride, I decide to play with my levers and handlebar position. And after some attempts, I did what I had to do long time ago, when I install my HEL brake lines. Stopper "pin" is gone now, and much better angle for brake line banjo is achieved :onya:

Also, something I actually did few days ago: new heavy bar end weights.
Purchased on eBay, from down-under. 250g each (OEM ones, blue on a pictures, are ~215g). Chrome cated steel. Pretty decent quality. Bolt is M6, and it can be fitted on OEM or Renthal bars. But, I have to admit, I will modify rental mount a little - will post here, when I will do it.
In case anyone is interested, this is where I get them: http://stores.ebay.com/RatedR-Custom-Motorcycle-Parts?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Sweaty

The screen is so clear Northern, that it still looks naked, so a good result to me  :onya:

Eric GSX1400K3

I also buy parts from Rated R - good stuff at reasonable prices.  Nice custom look to the 14, Northern. :clapping: :hat:
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

I adjusted my throttle cables again now they've bedded in, feels better now. Also found a bit of oily goo in a sensor, so between those I should have cured my cold running roughness.

Mick_J

Had it MOT'd along with my MZ and Triumph, all passed  :clapping:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Notty

Fell helplessly in Love and Bought some more bling  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Red Biker

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Notty

Quote from: Red Biker on Saturday, 05 May  2018, 03:01 AM
Looks all ready for spraying Notty  :onya:
Only shiny bits and blue and white on my 14 - NO BLACK !!  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

KiwiCol

That does look smart Notty, good find!  'Good' price too I suspect!
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

KiwiCol

Well, it's Saturday morning down under, taking one of the bikes out for a wee jaunt round the hills today, not sure which one yet.
The weather is closing in & there'll be fewer days avail for an ole coot to go riding, so I'll make the most of it today. Reckon I'll do a couple of hundred K's of hills & twisties before I get back to enjoy a visit from the grandkids. 

Possibly even partake of an ale later this afternoon, just maybe . . .  :cheers:

Kiwifruit

Enjoy your ride Col.  :onya:
Getting cooler up this way too. Had the heated grips on riding to tennis on Wednesday evening.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

bigian14

Quote from: froudy on Tuesday, 01 May  2018, 04:35 AM
Fitted some new "Shorty" levers I picked up for £20.
If I don't get on with them my 4 year old "Chinky" levers will be going back on and these will be sold :imrgreen:

I have to say that the Chinese levers have stood the test of time and for the money you can't go wrong. They're in as good a condition as the day I fitted them.
You just have to be aware than on span adjuster 1 they don't operate the clutch switch due to them hitting the bar grip before the switch is actuated :rolleyes:
Got them on already  :)

Paulpmy

Quote from: Notty on Saturday, 05 May  2018, 03:04 AM
Quote from: Red Biker on Saturday, 05 May  2018, 03:01 AM
Looks all ready for spraying Notty  :onya:
Only shiny bits and blue and white on my 14 - NO BLACK !!  :)

Where do you get the blue tyres with white writing on them then.
I want some

KiwiCol

Believe it of not, it can be done Paulpmy.  I used to make tyres years ago, in another life.  They actually made all white tyres a few times whilst I was there. Vingage size 30" x 3.5" if I recall correctly, went to a Saudi prince to put on his fleet, wanted white tyres.  They look the same, but won't last bugger all, about 300 miles if driven on, they're for show. 
The stuff that goes in to making the 'white rubber' is very different to what's in a normal tread mix.

So, pay yer money & it could be done, but only for looks.

northern

Today I was planning to go there: https://www.facebook.com/mootorratturid/videos/10156199457909070/ (annual Estonia riding season opening parade)
but instead my 14 got a ride (on a picture)....  :thumbs_down:

After tanking, it just did not start. Fuel pump was working, but pressing starting switch did not get any effect. No error message (I was checking by hot wiring service switch pins). Clutch switch is new (installed less then month ago). Starter relay was not even clicking. I check fuses - OK. Using my Letterman multitool, I take apart right hand handlebar switch box, and clean all the contacts inside. Taking apart was easy, putting together - not so easy :)
It doesn't help. So I call towing service and it take my 14 to my garage.

Before it was mounted on truck, I try it does not start.
When I take it of the truck, I try to start it again. It starts without any issue...  :furious:

So I have a problem to fix, and i do not know what to fix, because everything is working... I start checking everything what are related to start process, and among other thing I take apart and clean ignition lock. Also made a pictures, which I will post in technical section of this forum.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk