News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddynq

T-Boned an Indian UBER driver that pulled out in front of me today.
Thankfully stayed upright and impact (I think) twisted forks in brackets so hopefully they straighten by loosening bolts. Still rideable so taking to doctor for assessment
My garage floor will never rust

froudy

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

northern

Sweaty

Good to hear you are ok Buddy. Hope you and the bike are back on the road soon mate.

KiwiCol

What a bugger, glad you're ok.  Nah, your forks are naff!  New set of USD required, with radial brakes & Thug yolks.  :whistling:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Blubber

Bet he was in a real curry and never noticed you. :stir:

Glad nothing is broken  :onya:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Andre

Quote from: Blubber on Friday, 20 April  2018, 02:32 AM
... and never noticed you. :stir:

Probably the most used idiotic "excuse". Today in the local paper: "Didn't see that BUS". How densely unaware can you be?  :frustrated:

Hooli

Quote from: Andre on Friday, 20 April  2018, 02:46 AM
Quote from: Blubber on Friday, 20 April  2018, 02:32 AM
... and never noticed you. :stir:

Probably the most used idiotic "excuse". Today in the local paper: "Didn't see that BUS". How densely unaware can you be?  :frustrated:

Back when I drove coaches a young female child breeder once pushed a pram into the front wheel of a coach I was driving, I was doing about 15-20mph at the time & she pushed it off the pavement into my coach without looking at all....

Kiddlet thing seemed ok after, the dumb breeder was a touch shook up.

Red Biker

Was going to get out today but have a knocking brake pad on front right, probably a ceased piston right?

Cheers Red
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Notty

Bought a bit of bling on Ebay    :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Buddynq

Back when I drove coaches a young female child breeder once pushed a pram into the front wheel of a coach I was driving, I was doing about 15-20mph at the time & she pushed it off the pavement into my coach without looking at
[/quote]
I drove a big bright yellow 50 seat coach for a while. Unbelievable how many people cut me off or pulled out in front
My garage floor will never rust

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Notty on Friday, 20 April  2018, 06:28 AM
Bought a bit of bling on Ebay    :)

Be careful of that "bit of bling" Geoff - on the old org a couple of members had their 14's which had them fitted roll off them, can't quite recall why, but I vaguely remember that they either don't come as far forward as the standard side stands, or they don't sit square to the ground, enabling the stand to flick back up whilst the bike is on it. Either way when you do fit it, please closely assess it so that it can't happen to you as I don't exactly recall what the issue was, only that some had an issue with them that made the bike "fall off the side stand"

@Notty
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Speedy1959

Quote from: Red Biker on Friday, 20 April  2018, 05:47 AM
Was going to get out today but have a knocking brake pad on front right, probably a ceased piston right?

Cheers Red
My brake pads rattle and nock on the front..

"They all do that Sir"

That's how I know they a free and unbound :whistling:

KiwiCol

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Saturday, 21 April  2018, 03:12 AM

Cheers Red

"They all do that Sir"

What ya need there is high density ear plugs, problem disappears straight away. I don't need them because
1) mine sit snug in the calipers and
2) I'm deaf as a post without my hearing aids
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

ARH

Quote from: KiwiCol on Saturday, 21 April  2018, 03:20 AM
Quote from: Speedy1959 on Saturday, 21 April  2018, 03:12 AM

Cheers Red

"They all do that Sir"

What ya need there is high density ear plugs, problem disappears straight away. I don't need them because
1) mine sit snug in the calipers and
2) I'm deaf as a post without my hearing aids

Col.... I'm curious... why the hell do you fit high density earplugs in your calipers?  :whistling:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk