News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

I've done thousands of miles on temporary tyre plugs, often the same plug. I think one lasted over 4k till the tyre was worn out.

Speedy1959

For me stuck in the middle of nowhere it was either fix it myself or wait up to 4 hours for the flatbed truck to arrive..

Speedy1959

Had a thought..
Being keen to grasp an atom of positivity I think before the wheel goes back in I will remove the swing arm, clean the bearings (white spirit) then thoroughly re grease them.
I was planning on doing it in the springtime anyway.
So subject to Saturday morning being dry I shall do it then.

Notty

Newly painted tank back on , tea bag changed, inline filter added and a gallon of petrol - she started after being stood for 3 months ( and yes I DO USE A BATTERY CHARGER lol ) - a wash 2mrw if its dry and not too cold then perhaps a few miles  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

stick3

gave it some love  i mean oil and filter  change  :cheers:

Kiwifruit

Put some new rear pads in her....... naughty boy got caught out by that rear pads are worn out noise. Gave myself a stern telling off for that one.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

Kiwi, just too many things on your mind, 2 bikes would make me forget stuff. searching for new rear axle nut myself, refuse to pay stupid price. 25mm is just hard to find. searched every bolt/nut place in the world. 50 bucks just seems too much for a bloody nut.

Red Biker

Hey Grog,
Think I have an oem one you can have for postage cost, let me know if interested and I'll get a price for you?

Cheers
Red
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

grog

Thanks heaps Red. Stored in my brain. Still not sure if i want a fancy one or not. Nothing really wrong with mine just a normal 11 yr old axle nut. Bit dull & used. Stainless cover on sprocket & polished adjuster blocks make it look even duller. Do those nice shiny ones stay that way or mark up with socket? I like the ones that look like they have diamonds in them. Of course ill get real diamonds if i buy one. 😂

Red Biker

No worries Grog, just let me know.
Mine are now Black with Black nut and bolt 😀

Notty

Picked jacket up from Tailor after having badge sewn on - she wasn't happy said leather too thick and jacket too heavy !!  :)

Red Biker

Mick_J

A Triumph GSX 1400 mmmm, does that count as cross dressing  :whistling:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

shanered6

i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

Notty

Quote from: mjgt on Wednesday, 28 February  2018, 01:11 AM
A Triumph GSX 1400 mmmm, does that count as cross dressing  :whistling:
Triumph make the best clothing for my shape and the 14 is the best bike  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk