News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stolichnaya

Quote from: froudy on Tuesday, 13 February  2018, 03:44 AM
@Stolichnaya

Beowulf do stainless can hangers for the 1400.
The only issue you might have is at MOT time. If you remove the rear pegs it HAS to be a single seat bike. My tester is sensible though and lets it go :onya:

http://www.beowulfuk.com/proddetail.asp?prod=EXHBSU009

Thanks Froudy
I'm looking more for 1 single piece of Titanium from bike to pipe. Hidden too so it's just a Stay. It will be hidden underneath
Thanks for the heads up tho
Stoli
I have 4 bikes and 1 wife - why can't all 5 shut up when I take a key out

lets have some noise.... MY GSX14 Noise... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ6OiT0dngg

northern

Quote from: northern on Monday, 12 February  2018, 07:41 AM
@seth
Thank you for advice.
Reading service and Hynes manuals also make me think, removing front guide blade will help me to solve the chain issue... Will try this tomorrow.
:boogie: solved!
It was quit hard to take out front guide blade (apparently because of chain stuck), but as soon I get it out, issue was immediately solved!

seth

fantastic
just take your time getting it all back together
good luck 😎
happy to help  :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

grog

well done mate. patience and perfection, they work quite well. walking away and re starting, just how i do things. i wasted 4 hrs last friday night, trying to put program on wifes phone. just wouldnt work. saturday morn, hated the phone by now, told her one more go. worked in 5 minutes. no idea why but i was over the moon.

Sweaty

Could alcohol have been a factor on Friday night ? v Sat morning  :cheers: (it probably would of at my place) :smile2:

northern

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 13 February  2018, 07:43 PM
well done mate. patience and perfection, they work quite well. walking away and re starting, just how i do things. i wasted 4 hrs last friday night, trying to put program on wifes phone. just wouldnt work. saturday morn, hated the phone by now, told her one more go. worked in 5 minutes. no idea why but i was over the moon.
I know what you mean - had similar experience many times, during my work (IT and electronics). Solving issue after the brake is rising up a question - why the hell I could not solve it yesterday?! It was so easy!  :doh:

Notty

Quote from: northern on Tuesday, 13 February  2018, 09:53 PM
Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 13 February  2018, 07:43 PM
I know what you mean - had similar experience many times, during my work (IT and electronics). Solving issue after the brake is rising up a question - why the hell I could not solve it yesterday?! It was so easy!  :doh:
I seen 43 years working on telecommunications faults - always walked away and went for a cuppa (or half a dozen pints back in the 70's ) and mostly it then just clicks what is wrong when you go back and often I used to think why hadn't I thought of that  :smile2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

northern

Today I finally have my valve clearances OK (after yoshis install).
In total, have redone it now for 7 or 8 times :imrgreen: (just today 3 times) before I accept the result.

Red Biker

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

froudy

Quote from: northern on Saturday, 17 February  2018, 09:13 AM
Today I finally have my valve clearances OK (after yoshis install).
In total, have redone it now for 7 or 8 times :imrgreen: (just today 3 times) before I accept the result.

As one of the old engineers at my work was heard to say one day...

Double check it three times to be sure :imrgreen:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Andre

What a strange engineer. "Experts" and "Professionals" don't even check once  :coffeescreen:

northern

northern

Quote from: Andre on Sunday, 18 February  2018, 02:40 AM
What a strange engineer. "Experts" and "Professionals" don't even check once  :coffeescreen:
I'm wondering - how this procedure is done during bike build at factories? I mean first time ever?

Notty

Waxed the tank after picking up from Brisol  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

froudy

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk