News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Biker

I know no other man will ever see them but the old girls undercrackers were looking a little skanky so treated her to a new set  :embarassed:

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Red Biker

And..... a new little Black silk number  :boogie:

Hooli

Blimey those are shiney undercrackers! When I did mine it got brush painted with hammerite as even I don't see it that often.

Kiwifruit

When i was a young fella my undercrackers got painted with tyre black........
F..ckin tradesman !!  :thumbs_down:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Red Biker

Quote from: Hooli on Saturday, 27 January  2018, 09:57 PM
Blimey those are shiney undercrackers! When I did mine it got brush painted with hammerite as even I don't see it that often.

It is Hammerite in a rattle can I used Hooli, good stuff 👍

shanered6

I quite like the silk look a bit more sophisticated than mat and harder wearing  :onya:
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

Red Biker

It's a vinyl wrap Shane so will be very hard wearing 👍, my only issue is finding a decal to cover the join 😀

shanered6

Yes that will be a hard one as its covering two different surferses ! 
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

Notty

Changed the spark plugs with mileage nearly 6K as tank gone off for repair and painting  - bike had iridium plugs fitted - service book shows running problems in 2009 and plugs changed  :smile2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

I've refitted worse than that!

50k seems to be about when normal plus start to play up in my experience, hence my 14 is on it's 3rd set.

Andre

One of mine expired badly (causing secondary damage) at around 46000 km

seth

i bet it runs much smoother now .
i change the plugs every 6th service about 24000 -28000 miles or every 3 years.
i only ever had 1 set of plugs fail and they were a set of iridium ones at 1 year old less than a 1000 miles.
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

KiwiCol

Just to add to the iridium plugs theme, while I had the tank off doing the wiring, thought I'd check the plugs. Bloke I brought it off said he'd had Iridium plugs fitted. Indeed he had, but, whoever installed them never tightened them. They weren't even finger tight! The crush washer was like new.  Needless to say I went through & nipped them all up.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

VladTepes

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Andre

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 29 January  2018, 09:20 AM
Just to add to the iridium plugs theme, while I had the tank off doing the wiring, thought I'd check the plugs. Bloke I brought it off said he'd had Iridium plugs fitted. Indeed he had, but, whoever installed them never tightened them. They weren't even finger tight! The crush washer was like new.  Needless to say I went through & nipped them all up.

Shows that you got to check as much as possible when a bike passes on to you. Same when it comes out of a "professional" garage. Amazing what you pay for crappy work! I understand those who have all their service done by a garage as I hove done this a few times because of lack of time or laziness. EVERYTIME I found shite when I took a closer look, no matter if car or bike. Last time this happend with a tire shop. Guy was embarrassed when I showed him. One major and one "minor" screw up. I am not going to buy all the equipment to do a tire job but will inspect closely.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk