News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

Tonight took the Pairs out, removed the fuel pump, checked & cleaned the Tea Bag & re-assembled. There was only very minimal grit in the tea bag area, so that's good.   No leaks or explosions (yet) & the bike is running smooth, so must of done it fairly right then.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

shanered6

Quote from: VladTepes on Tuesday, 23 January  2018, 03:24 PM

This is why you pommie fools made a mistake sending the convicts here.
Anyone with sense would have moved here and left the convicts behind in England.....

Yeah its been way to hot lately. But I detest sub-zero temperatures, so I'm not complaining too much.

Quote from: grog on Monday, 22 January  2018, 08:57 PM
living in same area as Vlad, all i can say is last week was way too hot,
Isn't that why you got the al-fresco redesign on your house... better airflow?   :whistling:

You southerners realy know how to rub it in  :stir: :frustrated:
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

Red Biker

Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 23 January  2018, 06:04 PM
Tonight took the Pairs out, removed the fuel pump, checked & cleaned the Tea Bag & re-assembled. There was only very minimal grit in the tea bag area, so that's good.   No leaks or explosions (yet) & the bike is running smooth, so must of done it fairly right then.

Hi Col,
Did you do the High pressure as well or do you have the external mod?
I've just done both and looking to do the injectors when I get my tank back at the weekend  :onya:
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

KiwiCol

Hi Red, no, I didn't do the high pressure or fit the external filter. There is bugger all grit in tank & around the teabag area. The bike is running fine at the mo, so no real need. It's only done 33,000k, that's about 20,000 miles, so it's still new in there.

Notty

I have collected lots of odd socket sets over the years ( mostly cheap ones ) - Got fed up looking for sockets so thought Halfords were offering 3 for 2 of reasonable quality and the 14 deserves it I thought - so cost £80 instead of £112
  :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

KiwiCol

Andre

A man can never have enough tools. When I joined the road club I got a socket set as a welcome gift. Never used it but still nice to have  :boogie:

seth

halfords tools are great quality and have a lifetime warranty.
i have alot of there professional range tools.

:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

gsxbarmy

Quote from: seth on Wednesday, 24 January  2018, 03:28 AM

Lifetime warranty is only applicable if you can produce the receipt though  :onya:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Notty

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Wednesday, 24 January  2018, 03:49 AM
Quote from: seth on Wednesday, 24 January  2018, 03:28 AM

Lifetime warranty is only applicable if you can produce the receipt though  :onya:
They email it to you now so safely filed away  :smile2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

seth

I've  not managed to brake any yet lol
a guy at work did get a socket swopped when it broke without the receipt but we do use the same place alot and they know us . :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

KiwiCol

Down under we have a place called Repco, they also do a range of their own tools with a Lifetime warranty.  I've had occasion to take a couple of things back & were exchanged for new, no questions asked, it had the brand on it & that's all they needed.  That's a good service.

grog

Col, repco is one minute from my work, we spend lots there. all the wrty stuff is just stored out back. they dont want any hassles, they dump it all 3 times a year. perfectly good stuff with maybe one broken bit. they just replace, great service. on my 3rd set of ute seat covers under wrty, my compressor pressure valve went, told to just check out back, grab one of wrty compressor. amazing in my eyes. i found ryco bike filters for 1/3 of their price. they matched and gave me 2.

Mister Fishfinger

+1 for the Halfords Professional stuff. I've got one of their 1/4" drive socket sets, very good it is too. Much better than my 1/2" drive Draper set (although to be fair that is many years old).

The thing I've learnt over the years with tools - pay as much as you can afford, first time round. I've lost count of the times I have seen a bargain tool, bought it, broke it and then gone out to buy the good oneI should have bought in the first place.

VladTepes

Got the back whee back in.  what a  :furious:  of a job !

Make sure the spacers don't fall out (RHS one is a bastard) get the caliper over the disc so the pads go one each side,  joggle this, move that, fuck it all up, start again.
and again.

3rd times the charm? Nope.

I can tell you when I finally got that axle in I felt like the man who had conquered the world !

Chain tensioned etc.

Bugger this chain is dirty....  luckily most of it is on my hands now.  :rolleyes:

Off to buy some kero tomorrow to give it a good clean.

Might even see if I can find some special chain lube Castrol VMX 80 gear oil.

So, does this citrus hand cleaner shit expire or something? and why?
I've run out of solvol (which I rate a 7.5 out of 10) and this citrus stuff is solid 3 out of 10.
Dishwashing detergent does a MUCH better job ...
I know years ago a workshop I frequented had this great stuff in a bucket where you pulled a stick out of it, grabbed some of the 'stuff' of the stick, dropped the stick back in. And the stuff on your hand was an AWESOME cleaner.  What WAS that stuff?

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk