Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seth

hardly anything then  :salute:
looks like your in for a busy time hope all goes well .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

northern

Quote from: seth on Wednesday, 20 December  2017, 05:33 AM
hardly anything then  :salute:
looks like your in for a busy time hope all goes well .
:cheers:
Unfortunately, do not have lot of time to dedicate for this process, so it will take a lot of time. But, going so fare, it came to my mind - why not to powder coat frame also? Engine is out and there is not much left...  :confused1:

Red Biker

Just a bit of housekeeping whilst the tank is off, tarted up the lump!
Oh and put new indicators on that I bought at the bike show  :onya:

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Hooli

The black appears to have fallen off your clocks & got stuck on the engine.

Red Biker

All Black would be too much Hooli! so compramised on the clocks  :whistling:

gsxbarmy

If anyone is wondering where all the posts on the gear change linkage replacement (started by Andre) have gone, then I have moved all relevant threads to a complete new thread under Engine and Gearbox which I have also stickied for future reference (as there is lost of useful info there, which otherwise may get lost within the depths of this thread).

http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=2120.0

@Andre
@grog
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

grog

Del

All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Red Biker

@ Del
It's perfect, I share with my
neighbor, between us we have most things covered, he builds stuff from scratch so great to have around 👍

Speedy1959

After 2 weeks of living with Motul 5100 I changed the oil to some semi synth 10W-40 from a car accessory shop and and can honestly say the gear changes are MUCH better and the engine is actually smoother as well.
I noticed the gear change improvement pretty much straight away.. The oil I am using is API SL/CF though technically not motorcycle oil I dont give 2 hoots..
My bike runs much better on it without paying a premium for the can having "Motorcycle Oil" printed on it..
As a mate from Yorkshire says.. "It'll be reeet"

Kiwifruit

Thats exactly what l found Speedy. I am also very careful to adjust my chain at its tightest point.
Just changed the oil and filter and really took some time to adjust the chain. 53,000kms and my gearbox is the best its ever been.  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

northern

New chain arrived today  :onya:

This time I went for "endless" chain - closed ring without a rivet link. Why - I think it's stronger and main reason I do not have my own chain riveting tool :). And I anyway taking my bike apart this winter, so it will not be a problem.

Andre

Quote from: northern on Monday, 25 December  2017, 11:14 PM
New chain arrived today  :onya:

This time I went for "endless" chain - closed ring without a rivet link. Why - I think it's stronger and main reason I do not have my own chain riveting tool :). And I anyway taking my bike apart this winter, so it will not be a problem.

I prefer endless chain. Good opportunity to inspect and grease the bearings of the swingarm. More time invested is saved by not cutting and riveting the chain.

Putting on new sprockets at the same time will make your new chain last longer (about double the mileage).

Red Biker

Took my wheels to the Powder coating guy, I was usure of the exact shade I wanted so he gave me the suppliers web site to look at and now my head is frazzled!

If you are thinking of coating any parts, have a look on here, the choice is mind blowing!

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/powder-coating-colors/

The old girl is looking a bit sad right now!

grog

Red, so many colours, would do me in. id just choose black, white etc. i get too confused with too many choices.waiting   on new gear lever joints and bush. couldnt wait so yesterday took it off, lubed swivel joints and lever bush. much nicer, will be better again when bits arrive. having battery going flat lately, too much rain to ride one prob, other was i had healtech atre hooked to battery, on all the time. changed it yesterday, power wire reaches thru under lhs of tank to horn connector. a double spade connecter, couple of cable ties, job done. pushed horn on way home, gear indicator goes off, no drama, comes straight back on. hopefully batt prob solved. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk