Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Biker

Quote from: Blubber on Monday, 16 October  2017, 07:22 PM
Quote from: Red Biker on Monday, 16 October  2017, 06:56 PM
Weird one yesterday!
As most know I've been on a tour of Scotland recently and last week gave the bike a good old bath.
Yesterday went for a quick blast and the rear brake wasn't really working felt really clunky and wasn't really helping to stop the bike.

When I got back I had it on the stand to have a look and when spinning the wheel and using my hand on the rear brake it was fine!!
Could it be WD got into the caliper?

Does the pedal move freely? 

Hi Blubber,
Yes it does but 'grids a little, I'm gonna do as Dave suggests and give the pistons a clean, it's never been in the rain before and I did about 200 miles non stop downpour!

Thanks
Nigel

my pedal pivot needed some grease to free it up.
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Kiwifruit

Red I love WD40 but before spraying any of that around the bike I put bags over the discs and calipers. I just use a few shopping bags and some tape. Spray with brake cleaner to be sure. Have found WD40, CRC contaminates pads very quickly.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

bags a great idea mr kiwifruit. fish oil in wd40 certainly lubes those brake pads. have you tried inox, next step up from wd. doesnt wash off. great for lots, outboards etc. not to be used on rubber, wrecks it so im told. wiring protecters etc.

Red Biker

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Tuesday, 17 October  2017, 09:23 AM
Red I love WD40 but before spraying any of that around the bike I put bags over the discs and calipers. I just use a few shopping bags and some tape. Spray with brake cleaner to be sure. Have found WD40, CRC contaminates pads very quickly.

Greatest idea 🥝
As we now have to pay for shopping bags I have loads in my car boot👍

Mrg

Front tyre fitted and yes a big difference it has made to the bike in the corners , the old one had lost its shape a bit  my bike mech said time to get rid so my spare set was ready to go . So all good nice ridding feels smooth in corners . God knows how I'd not noticed this before .  All good now  :onya: :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

IanH

So, got my wheels back from the Harley shop.

Powder coated, new Pirelli Angel GT's fitted and wheels balanced, new bearings all round including the sprocket bearing and all labour for the strip down and rebuild.
Total cost just under £400.

Red Biker

Sweaty

Kiwifruit

Powder coating looks great. You will enjoy the new bearings too.  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

IanH

Just tried out the new tyres, quite cold here....about 14 C and just went for 10 kilometers on the twisty lanes. What a difference, felt it was stuck to the road compared to the old ones.

Speedy1959

I saw a window of maybe 2 hours of it not actually raining and finally fitted the full set of OEM indicators I bought off Notty.
They fitted without a hitch and work perfectly.

Thanks again to Notty having infinite patience whilst I had 5 attempts to get my Paypal to actually pay him.

grog

my front guard is sitting in car with front wheel. new tyre and carbon wrap on guard this week. be like a new bike with tyre fitted. love those angels.

Red Biker

Had the rear caliper off to clean it and hopefully solve the issue that appeared after a recent tour, didnt get time to test it.
Sorted out a few bits ready to sell!!

essexboydave

Well it had to happen sooner or later, I'd been thinking for ages I didn't really like the look of the indicators on the Bonnie and while I was looking at them I started thinking that taillight isn't the best either so off they came, then off came the mudguard, then off came the grabrail, then I had a look round the shed for old lights, mudguards etc, then out came the angle grinder......  ;) ;) ;)

froudy

Quote from: essexboydave on Friday, 27 October  2017, 03:50 AM
then out came the angle grinder......  ;) ;) ;)

And all of a sudden the simple cheap job became very expensive and time consuming..I know the score :rofl2:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk