News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Del

went to work - needed full waterproofs as was torrential and blowing a hoolie - good laugh what I no call the danger ride
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Notty

Oil changed to Castrol Power semi synthetic and seems quieter but may be just due to fresh oil ( 2.5k since last change ) its started raining so will have to wait for a road test -  and no mess using the Fumoto oil drain valve I got from Dave  :smile2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Tuesday, 03 October  2017, 04:06 AM
When I got home from work I removed my tank BUT did not remove any of the pipes or cables..
I had read that you can swivel the tank sideways (clockwise if it helps) and rest it on the frame where the seat would normally be.
I put my trusty bath mat down across the frame first to protect both the tank and the frame.

That was an excellent tip... Spark plug replacement is now really easy..
I removed the tank to the side because I wanted to clean the frame and the plug leads in that area.
She looked like she had never been cleaned before in that area...

That's also the easiest way to balance the throttles, as obviously you still need the tank attached for that.

IanH

Just been to see my newly powder coated wheels as they just got delivered back from the painters.
Must say they do look good. Shop just needs to fit new bearings, new tyres and put the rotors back on.  :grin:

gsxbarmy

Quote from: IanH on Wednesday, 04 October  2017, 12:17 AM
Just been to see my newly powder coated wheels as they just got delivered back from the painters.
Must say they do look good. Shop just needs to fit new bearings, new tyres and put the rotors back on.  :grin:

:useless:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

IanH

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Wednesday, 04 October  2017, 02:42 AM
Quote from: IanH on Wednesday, 04 October  2017, 12:17 AM

:useless:

I know. As soon as they get back here I will post a pic.

Hooli

I looked at mine out the window & cursed idiot IT systems that mean I've still not got my throttle cable yet.

It's ten years to the day since I collected it too, it would have been nice to use it.

Andre

It is a shame you did not get your jubilee ride in. Now make sure she is in good shape (don't forget yourself)  for the 20th anniversary ride  :)

Hooli

That's the plan. It should roughly coincide with 250k miles too. Seems like a good target to aim for?

Mrg

So that the service done in full new chain and branded lines all round front and rear sprockets and a gear selector fitted and rear wheel and sprocket bearing done to so all good  :onya:  :clapping:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

Speedy1959

I dodged the crappy weather and performed a clutchsealectomy..
Modification of the clutch slave cylinder seal.

Mister Fishfinger

Lots of odds and ends today.

Balanced the throttle bodies, changed fluid in the rear brake, lubed the chain. Went out for a 30 mile test ride and discovered:

a) the mirrors vibrate less, hopefully because the engine's running smoother now
b) right hand mirror started moving round all over the place
c) rear right indicator stopped working

The mirror was easily fixed, just one of the locknuts on the arm was loose. The bulb just needed taking out and putting back in again.

All that's left to do now is change the fork oil and then the bike is properly serviced. I'm saving that job for a nasty winter's day when I don't fancy riding.

Still loving this bike. It ticks all my boxes.

Mrg

Well the GoPro gear selecter was very easy to fit more or less plug and play apart from one fed red wire and then mount the display screen easy job and no programming at all worth the money 💰  :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

IanH

Got my newly painted front mudgaurd back. Not too bad.

IanH

and.....finished making my work bench.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk